Maj'elka Street Crash in Echoes

I crash to desktop when entering Maj’elka Street quest in Echoes. As soon as the loading screen is over, my game freezes until I force it to shutdown. This is the only zone that repeatedly does this and I lose my Echoes progress. I’ve had freezes like this happen in a few zones while leveling but never a zone that repeatedly froze like this.

Player-log.zip (11.5 KB)

Have you tried getting Steam to verify the files? Also, when it hangs, have you tried unplugging your speakers/headphones?

1 Like

This appears to be bugged for everyone right now. I also crash entering Maj’elka Street, and ZiggyDLive just crashed entering the same quest on-stream:
Twitch (3:28:00)

1 Like

Exact same thing here - Maj’elka Street Echo crash to Desktop and loose Echo progress!

1 Like

I have not tried that! Seems like a weird fix though

Oh damn, so this is quite widespread then. Although, I don’t think this is tied to Maj’elka only, because since then I’ve crashed in the exact same way when entering other random echoes! Doesn’t even have to be quests, just random maps. Sucks to lose progress in this way. :frowning:

Here’s a crash report from another attempt to run the Maj’elka Streets quest. It’s worth noting that I encountered the “Screen Black” bug for a short part of the map before the crash (see my other thread for details & crash reports related to that). Also worth noting that the game didn’t save a player or error file, just the crash dump this time.
Crash_2021-03-22_034248832.zip (32.3 KB)

I’ve entered Maj’elka Streets twice now on another character and it still instantly crashes for me upon spawning in.

I’v been crashing in Maj’elka with my Shaman. 3 tries and 3 crashes today. Tried w/ my sorcerer, and it was fine, same w/ my Paladin. Could this have anything to do with the character or I’m just rly unlucky?

Hey…

Did any of you attempt to change graphic settings?

A lot of people have success with stability issues by temporarily dropping their graphics settings to 1080p, 60fps frame limits and everything on very low or disabled graphic settings.

Obviously if thats stable and gets you through the map, then you bump up the settings little by little to get it to a compromise between graphics and stability…

If it doesnt work, then there is something else wrong.

I’ve crashed to desktop twice in a row loading into this quest. Am trying lower graphics settings now. Uploading log from the crashPlayer-prev.log (87.2 KB)

Update: third time’s a charm. hopefully the log can help anyway

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.