Mage Enchant Weapon Auto Cast needs... something

I noticed I could spend a skill point to make Enchant Weapon auto-cast.

Or, I could stick blue-tac into my keyboard.
Or, rebind to escape and use a book…

I’d rather not, it’d feel so dumb. Think this just needs some other benefit to take, dont care much what to be honest, +1 mana regen would do.

I mean id bet that enchant weapon is going to either be deleted or reworked.

They dont really like skills you just fire and forget, its just a really old skill. The idea for the “auto cast” nodes is you trade power for qol. Thats a fair logical choice. But because gamers are freaks and will simply macro/keydown through windows functions skills then it seems like a noob trap.

But the intended design space wasnt to have people using keydown toggle in the first place, and their stance is generally “we wont ban you for it, its a native feature. But skills that only ever get played like that are targets for reworks”

A good example of a similar skill is holy aura. it provides bonuses passively, but doubled while active. And has a long cooldown, so you can just auto cast it, but you will be trading uptime for control. Most builds I see simply manually press holy aura, because its a lot of extra stats so it makes sense to time it with cooldowns or having it for tough enemies.

I think enchant weapon will probably be redesigned to have way better active effects and a longer cooldown to turn it into a burst button.

Oh yeah, Sticky Keys, I forgot that was even a thing, I’ve never used it, ever.

I still wont, I’d feel like I was cheating. A rework would be great, but I’d settle for just any reason to take it other than auto cast.

I’m only using enchant weapon to generate a fire rune for a locked runic invocation pattern. It makes the right rune in its position when I use flame reave (runemaster gets the increased aoe and cooldown reduction… so makes sense to use them to me).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.