Maelstorm: Cast Speed has no effect

Cast speed has no effect on Maelstorm.
Tested it on dummy and in monoliths on several occasions and there is no increase in ticks, no increase in damage, although the skill tooltip shows a damage improve when you add Cast Speed to your character.

Here is a screencast of me testing this on the dummy: 2022-05-04_08-38-43

Thank you

Cast speed is only supposed to increase the speed with which you can cast Maelstrom so you’ll be able to maintain higher numbers of stacks while spamming it. It doesn’t directly increase the damage of the skill (other than by allowing you to reach higher stacks more easily, mana notwithstanding).

From the looks of it you weren’t spamming Maelstrom, just casting 1-2 times to check the damage per tick.

The tooltip DPS increases because you can cast it faster & therefore reach higher numbers of stacks.

seems like a missed opportunity for how the spell could work. I don’t believe that casting it faster makes sense for this spell. It would make much more sense if cast speed increased the animation speed of maelstorm and increase the ticks, but that’s my opinion.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.