Mac client completely bugged? (Auto duping gold and items)

Hello,

I’m new player, just bought and installed the game. Playing on macOS.
I just started my character, killed the first 3 mobs, and then when picking up the loot, it stay on the ground and I can pick it up over and over again and fill my inventory with it. Same with gold.

Is there anything I can do to fix that? Can’t play the game like that…;

Also I don’t have sound.

Thanks.

Okay I guess I got it, it’s because the latest patch is now out on macOS, so the server might not handle my client correctly :stuck_out_tongue: You might want to disallow login in the future.

There is no server for the game (yet).

Do you see item name plates on the ground or not? If not, try hitting Z (which hides/shows the item names on the ground).

I see item plate, I can select them and they stay on the ground, but my inventory also have it. So the more I click on it the more of them I get in my inventory. Same for gold :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahh, yes, that was a bug:

Sorry about that! 0.7.10 was released for Mac about an hour ago, have you updated to the latest version? You might need to restart Steam to receive the update.

If the issue is still happening, please try to repair the game and post your log files if the repair doesn’t work.

Hello,

Updated the game to the new patch but all the issues ares still there. I can infinitely pick up items on the ground. Also still no sound.
I’m using the launcher, so can’t really repair the game I guess?

Player-prev.log (182.6 KB)

Can confirm, there are multiple issues in the Mac Client. This is what I found so far:

• seemingly ‘endless’ gold pickup and item duping as described by the poster
  • no sound at all (all sound sliders reset to zero upon launch, but increasing them does not bring sound back)
  • cannot change skills using the flyout from the hot-bar
  • can drag skills from the skill panel to the hot-bar, but the dragged icon will remain there floating after dropping it

Yup, this is the exact list of bugs I have.
And to be sure I just installed the game thought steam, but same issues.
I’m on Big Sur beta (latest macOS beta) but I’m don’t think that matter, it’s game level bugs.
Too bad I was really looking forward to playing it, but for now it’s impossible.

Can confirm, I’m on Catalina, so the issues are not related to Bug Sur.

I started a new charecter last night and the only noticable issue I had was that the loot filters did not appear to be working, I experenced none of the issues reported above.

This morning I have logged in and been able recreated the list of bugs that @DOODLROO has listed on my Mac. Its like ther has been an update overnight (which there hasnt) that broke stuff.

seemingly ‘endless’ gold pickup and item duping as described by the poster

For me I didn’t experience the item duping, but I only tested against a white item. I do see my gold stacking up quite quickly though after picking it up.
II
stopped and restarted the game and when I checked my inventory the gold was still stacking up. This didn’t quite make sense as the gold stays on the ground, so I figured that the auto pickup is what was bugged, but I suspect that is actually working just fine :slight_smile:

no sound at all (all sound sliders reset to zero upon launch, but increasing them does not bring sound back)

Confirmed

cannot change skills using the flyout from the hot-bar

Confirmed

can drag skills from the skill panel to the hot-bar, but the dragged icon will remain there floating after dropping it

For me he icons continue to float but dissapear once the skills window is closed

I’ve attached a copy of my log filePlayer.log.zip (129.4 KB)

Edit: I should add that before I did the above I ran the Steam Verify Game Files tool

There is few more really weird bugs:

I’ve made a new character as a mage

• I can’t use magic / skills on Orian Scout, it does them no damage at all. I have to kill them bare hands.
  • They don’t have any death animation, they just stand here once dead.

I have no idea if those issues are bugs for the Mac client or just normal early access issues at the moment.

No sound. I made a mage, cannot do damage. When I click on the initial stash in the first camp it visually disappears and no stash window appears. Cannot look at skill trees.

edit: I did the repair/verification of game files of last epoch through steam and it said 100% verified.

This same thing occured on the last patch as well.

EDIT: sorry, meant for original post, not you specifically.

My sincere apologies for this issue. Our internal Mac testing did not encounter this issue, so we will need to investigate what caused this to be missed.

We’re working on releasing 0.7.10b as soon as possible which contains a fix for this issue. I’ll post again when it’s out.

Thanks for your patience.

Thank you! I wish I could be more helpful but I’m rather technically inept. The game had been working well for me before 7.10. Laggy but no crashes. Currently its unplayable.

0.7.10b is out now, please download it and try again. Thanks!

1 Like

Work perfectly now! All bug are resolved and I have sound! Finally have been able to progress.
Really sound like the wrong macOS version shipped before :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

Impressive! However, you guys really shouldn’t be working on saturdays :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.