Lunge skill - change suggestion

Hi everyone,

Am I the only one that feels Lunge is too similar to shift. For a light-footed leather wearing rogue the fast blink movement makes sense but not for a heavy armoured knight. I know everyone likes fast moving builds and skills but I think movement skills should feel unique to the class.

I have a suggestion to change lunge’s movement that would set it apart from shift. The sentinel should leap in the air, hang there for a split second then lunge downwards. You can add thematic changes to it like if you are a paladin you get holy angel wings and concentrate the ground when you land or if you are a forgeguard you become an iron gauntlet when you smash down (similar to the forge strike red hammer).

That’s my 5 cents. What do you guys think?

I think the bigger question is why does the Sent have more movement skills (2, 3 if you include VK specific) than every other class (1 tops, Prim could argue 0 as fury leap is more like an attack that moves, but that’s not important)?

Mage has 2 (Teleport & Surge), Lich also has 2 (Transplant & Reap). You could argue that the Sentinel has 5, Lunge, Shield Rush, Smite (with Descend), Volatile Reversal & (kinda) Void Cleave. Fury Leap is still a movement skill, even if it’s slow as ####.

Edit: And Rogue has 2, Dancing Strikes & Shift.

1 Like

TBH, I think Lunge already feels very different from Shift. It requires a target, travels significantly further, and deals damage both by default and in a different way than Shift does.

Sure, if you look at them purely as “It moves you in a straight line” then they’re the same, but both skills have a lot more to them than that.

1 Like

Warpath is another movement skill.

2 Likes

Warpath isn’t a skill, it’s a condition…

True, conditions can be channelled. Only a question of energy.

A guy with a heavy armour?

These are only painted muscles of the neanderthal, fake so to speak.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.