Lunge new protections per dex node

I’m slightly confused by the new Lunge node that gives 5 protection per point of dex. Why dex? The Sentinel only has 3 skills that use dex (Hammer/Shield Throw & Lunge) & only has 1 passive node that gives dex (Weapon mastery on the Forge Guard tree +1 dex per point, 10 points). Surely it would make more sense for that node to give protections per strength and attunement since every other Sentinel skill uses one of those? The dex skills are very niche & even for those builds, I’m not sure anyone actually uses dex in them.

1 Like

I was also confused when I saw the dex node. I think the node should be related with Strength.

1 Like

Perhaps their pushing you into a dodge throw kite build.

I’ve never liked the spikeyness of evasion/chance-based damage reduction.

Hey 60% dodge is 60% damage reductions. It may sound inconsistent but over a long enough period 60% is 60%

Yeah, I know how it works, I just don’t like the spikeyness/inconsistency. That’s why I never go evasion builds in PoE. Just don’t like my survival being decided on the throw of a dice.

1 Like

I like dodge as my third defensive option after GB and protections. It’s nice to dodge stuff but only if you’re not relient on dodging and can take some hits anyway. Sadly we don’t have the option to stack to much stuff but maybe to much will be to much for real.

The Dex node in this tree is realy irritating and I still don’t get that design descision but maybe I get behind it in the future. At least I think there have to be a reason for a dex node there but maybe they just mixed it up… who knows?

If it would work with Strenght or Attunement, it would be too strong.
Lunge was OP before, it’s still very good now.

I’m not sure about that, 5 protections/armour per point of strength, if you had 30 strength or attunement that would be 150 protections (plus any % bonuses) compared to my “normal” protections of 800-1,000, so that would be an additional ~19% of protections at most. And that’s with quite a lot of strength or attunement.

View from this point of view, yes you’re right… It seems fair :slight_smile:

Always. :wink: Even my wife says so!

1 Like

Lmao…ohh man, this killed me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.