Lunge causes LE to crash

Started using Lunge a few days ago since 0.9 and so far it’s cause LE to freeze up and the game stops responding. I have to kill it in the task manager.

Hi, I have experianced the same. This also hapened with Transplant (I guess any movement skill?). For me, the game crashes when I used the skill too many times within one zone. 1 use before the crash, there is a significant frame drop and on the next movement skill use the game crashes consistently. When I got this ‘early warning’ and did not use the skill until the next zone, the game did not crash.

Yes I’ve had this bug consistently since the hotfix patch where they fixed the charges for lunge. It seems like towards the end of a map after spamming lunge quite a lot (high cooldown recovery) it gets close to the point of freezing then the next time I use lunge it freezes. I’m glad I’m finally seeing some confirmations that it’s not just me since my post about it was ignored!

Hey there

When making a bug report, please upload your player.log file and a dxdiag report.

In the meantime, some people who have experienced issues find it is resolved by:

I hope one of these works for you

I ran into the same issue, I’ve attached my log and dxdiag below. It starts to hang as I use lunge more and more, then will just fully crash.

Player.log (36.7 KB)
DxDiag.txt (107.1 KB)

This is the same thing I am seeing, starts out fine, then start to see a bit of lag with each lunge and then just freezes and crashes. Log and Dx attached

DxDiag.txt (139.5 KB)

Player.log (101.7 KB)
Diag

Okay, happened again this morning. Lunge froze the game after less than a dozen or so uses (more or less; I didn’t count). The character was the first one I ran today and I did not notice any lag prior to the fatal Lunge. I am using 0.9g2.

DxDiag.txt (95.9 KB)
Player.log (37.0 KB)

Hey, running into the same issue. Lunge will work for a couple minutes and then suddenly cause the game to crash.

Player.log (51.8 KB)
DxDiag.txt (110.4 KB)

still crashing… about to just cut my losses and move all the points i put into lunge into a different skill

I don’t think this is a specific skill causing the freezing issue. I think its the latest patch 0.9i2 that is the culprit. I start the game play for 5 to 10 minutes and the game freezes. I am using warpath, smite and lunge. The prior patch was able to game for 5 hours straight no issues at all.

le_graphicsmanager.ini (490 Bytes)
Player.log (54.5 KB)
Player.log (50.2 KB)
DxDiag.txt (114.8 KB)

Hey guys i like to add to this thread as well, but this “freeze” also happens to me with Shield Rush as well.

In patch 9.0+, ive played about 250 hours and never crashed. That is until i started a Hammer Throw character today.

What happens is, i play for a while (30+ min or more) and my Shield Rush makes a stutter, and another one, annnnd 3rd one or so freezes the game. I tried Lunge instead, and it did the exact same thing.

For reference, im using Hammer Throw that Procs smites. I’m not sure whats going on here but this character is kinda unplayable with this condition.

Also been having this problem constantly, but only after my Lunge reached level 9. Before that I never experienced any crashes, now I crash literally by the 5th time I cast it.
Player.log (40.6 KB)
DxDiag.txt (94.6 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.