Low health Lich bd with very ridiculous damage / clear speed and good defence

Thanks for sharing this build, I really want to try it out. Appreciate all of your effort.

The interaction between Illusion of Pain, Cursed Limbs and Crimson Enlightenment seems so weird but after understanding it it makes sense…

If you as a player hit the enemy during Cursed Limbs you just refresh the duration and Crimson obviously is triggered at the end of the duration.

But minions remove it on hit as they do not apply another curse (Cursed Limbs only works on you) but they remove the Curse because of Illusion of Pain triggering your Rip Blood Cast and applying the curse again.

Yeah that is an interesting interaction

Definitely a bug. But a fun one at that :slight_smile:

As far as I’m aware, the bug, if there is one, is that Rip Blood is cast when Bone Curse is “consumed” by 1 hit from a minion. When it was introduced, Crimson Enlightenment would only proc if Bone Curse timed out (lasted it’s full duration) but this changed somewhere around 0.7.9 & 0.7.10.

I would say it is based on the way ailments are checked resp. resolved. A Player hit during Limbs applies a new curse and thus replaces the oldest when the limit of ailments is reached (here limit of course is 1).

A minion hit in difference is his own action. After the hit ailments are resolved and removed thus triggering Rip Blood. Here are my notes and observations on this ionteraction:

Assumptions

• Bone Curse:
    • Default Duration 8s
    • Tracks hits if Acute Infliction or Illusion of Pain is selected
  • Curses Limbs applies Bone Curse (no self-cast!)
  • Acute Infliction: Bone Curse removed after 4 hit
  • Illusion of Pain: Bone Curse removed after 4 hit; crit if applied by Bone Curse cast itself (probably not by trigger)

Observations

Illusion + Limbs + Crimson

• Player
    • Bone Curse; no hit; Rip Blood after 8s
    • Bone Curse; hit after 6s triggers Rip Blood directly
    • Bone Curse; hit after 3s; Bone Curse crit on hit; Rip Blood after 11s
    • Bone Curse; hit after 1s and 3s; Bone Curse crit on first hit; Rip Blood after 11s
      • Additional hits within Limbs duration seem to get the default Bone Curse additional physical damage (no guaranteed crit)
  • Minion
    • Rip Blood with every minion hit
    • Crit seems to be not on each minion hit; More Rip Blood than yellow numbers

Limbs + Crimson and Acute Infliction

• Player
    • Bone Curse; no hit; Rip Blood after 8s
    • Bone Curse; Hits during first 5s; Rip Blood proc after 13s
  • Minion
    • Rip Blood with every 4th minion hit

Hypothesis of Combat interaction

Player (Illusion + Limbs + Crimson)

• Bone Curse cast
  • Player hit
    • Guaranteed crit procs; first curse is self cast; increase hit counter
    • Limbs active: New curse applied → limit reached → old curse replaced (developers exlained that always the oldest one is repalced) → hit counter 0 again but curse is not self-cast
  • Check ailments; Bone Curse still has not reached its hit limit → Bone Curse never fell off → No Rip Blood

Minion (Illusion + Limbs + Crimson)

• Bone Curse cast from player
  • Minion hit
    • Guaranteed crit procs; first curse is self cast; increase Bone Curse hit counter
    • No new Curse applied on minion hit
  • Minion hit resolved
    • Checking ailments; Removing Bone Curse because hit limit was reached
  • Bone Curse fell off → Rip Blood triggered
  • Rip Blood cast by player
    • Apply Bone Curse (not self-cast)
1 Like

I agree with everything except this (though I agree that this is probably what’s happening), “bone curse falling off” is only supposed to be when it times out (duration expires), not when the number of hits reaches zero. IMO, this is the bug. Which is a pity since that’s what I wanted it to be like when it was released (though I didn’t use minions so maybe it did happen before).

1 Like

Did they mention it somewhere in the past?

If nobody had tried it with minions before it still would make sense. As the interaction relies on the fact that if you hit yourself you just refresh the debuff while a minion hit removes it first.

I believe they did say that “times out” = end of duration, but don’t ask me to find where that was…

After thinking about this last night and abusing testing this I arrived at the same conclusion.
Not a bug, but definitely a degenerate gameplay loop when you start introducing multiple minion hits from big necro armies.

The 100% critical avoidance version with 50w tooltips hungering soul

https://imgur.com/v13lTje
This build is more like a math game right now

https://imgur.com/FIj7qX5
The temporary highest damage .There is only way to reach 600k is get two T7 crit damage multplier weapon

Do you have any loot filter for this?

Do the characters in the kit have all the BiS-items?

No this characters not have any right T6 or T7 affix weapon. So there is still have some improve space

Duuuude this build rocks! Thanks for sharing.

Here is walkthrough if you interesting. I believe is though enough to most situation cuz I got one spire hit with 60% inc dmg and 60% more dmg modifier. And it dont even hurting me to normal form.
And I finally got 700k temporary damage its really a milestone to this build lol.

1 Like

Good stuff bro. Mine is lvl 84 and has similar performance but much less dmg :slight_smile:
I need skill shards/+skills gear in order to increase it (Hungering souls can’t go over 300k dps yet). Thanks again.

First post here in the forums, got really interested and started this build!

Would love a loot filter too if that’s possible, to get an idea of the items we are hunting for!

With 50% resist shred blessing and 100% + armor shred and Death mark, using necrotic penetration and critical multiplier amulet is the end set for this Build
A second attack four times, plus the damage of the curse, RIP blood damage, effective DPS is about 6,000k I think

would you able to share your loot filter to us? Thanks!
能否分享一下你的过滤器? 谢谢!