Lost my offline save character on game exit

Final edit for clarity
Issue: Offline character progress not saving on exit

Is it reproducible: Yes, to trigger this issue, you must delete a character then immediately create a new one without exiting the game. After deleting a character, the character slot screen is broken, although you can create a new character. Other bugs appear when doing this too, such as having stash contents of prior HC SCF characters shared.

Fix: To solve this issue, you must reboot the game after deleting a character, otherwise progress will not be saved on a character that was created.

If the devs need any further information, I am willing to share. Thanks!

-Edit- As of patch 1.0.4.2, the issue of deleting a character and immediately creating a new character does NOT bug the character select issue! I have yet to test if character save progress is lost though, but my thinking is that the bug has been patched. Will update soon.

2 Likes

I had the same thing the first time - the second time the character evaporated completely :/…

Sorry to hear that, have you fixed the issue?

Edit - Lost another character today. I made a new character, got to level 12 and clicked “Leave Game”, the game froze there, I waited minutes, realized that it’s stuck so I alt+f4’d, lo and behold, a level 1 character. Not sure what to do anymore.

Edit+ - So I think the trigger for files not being saved is a result of deleting a prior character and then immediately creating a new one. I should add that when I do delete a character, the area which shows your characters names are removed, as if it’s loading, and due to that, I am unable to choose a character, but am able to create one. I tried not deleting the character, reaching the first town and leaving game and it saved. Hopefully it will continue to save.

I no fixed the problem :/… And i not playing becouse i have wrost feeling about time for another chcaracter who maybe misisng about another crash :confused: . In file 1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_1.bak i see myu characters but game dont see…

Yes, I have the same issue Deleting offline SSF character caused my next normal character not save progress

This issue was also reported A YEAR ago (My offline character progress isn't saving), and is still not fixed!

The bug happens exactly if you delete offline char, then the next save will fail.

Yeah you’re right, wish I knew that before I started playing. I updated my first post to clarify the issue and the fix. Thanks for posting - figured I couldn’t be the only one with this issue, but it’s not popular because it’s offline, and probably HC players due to delete on death.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.