Lost connection while in party

Lost connection while in party:
Over past couple days while in a party with friends I will constantly be disconnected from server and taken back to character selection screen. It will allow me to select my character and after pressing “enter game” it will sometimes get stuck on the “connecting” screen, after about 5 mins it will allow me to connect back and rejoin the party.

the “lost connection” bug seems to occur when changing maps and travelling to a new one.

This doesnt seem to happen to me when playing by myself (still online) not in a party

Screenshots posted in your discord:

Thanks!

1 Like

This is happening with my friend and I as well. Usually pops up on loading a different map, Cant find any consistent reason to why its happening.

We are both on linux, US East

1 Like

happening to me as well they are on the west coast and im on the east coast, the one work around, kick or leave the party load new map, then rejoin

I have the same issue.
Me on Linux, friend on Windows. When I solo I never have the issue and I never had the issue before 0.9, and I also never have this issue with any other online game (so not a ISP issue).

I found a reddit post mentioning alt-tabbing being a problem… will try this tonight and keep you updated but might be a solution for others as well?
https://www.reddit.com/r/LastEpoch/comments/11rwgnf/lost_connection_errors_getting_super_frustrating/

As promised, did some testing last night (no alt-tabbing at all)… the rate of disconnects definitely went down.
Now the question is: is this just randomness? It did feel a lot better for sure…

So again the symptoms:

• only me (Linux), not my buddy (Windows)
  • only in multiplayer (buddy or me starting vs joining the other has no impact), never in single-player (online)
  • was able to notice glitches in graphics prior to disconnects: buddy’s toon running around in underwear, chests showing as closed when buddy had opened them off my screen… buddy does not get those glitches and those glitches only start coming after a while, so just playing for 30 minutes will not cause glitches… since the decrease in disconnects (alt-tab?) it’s after 60-90 minutes… so definitely playable.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.