Lost character during a crash

Hello,

My game often crash when living during play. But here the crash occured when loading during a zone change, The computer was stuck on the screen, and I could not get back to descktop. I had too shut down the PC. When I try again (some connection pb) I could not log with steam. I relaunch and all was ok, but I lost my current character… All other are here.

So I suppose my abrutly close corrupt my character save file. Is there a way to correct the file?

It’s really tough to recover a broken save from crash. There should be a backup character save in your save folder that you can rename to be the normal one and it might work, Just remove the _temp from the end of the file name.

1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_27_temp

to

1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_27

Would restore the backup version of character save 27. I’m not sure which one is the broken one and that’s a little trickier to figure out. I would sort by date modified to try and find the newest one.

saves are located in C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.