Losing 100.000 gold isn't really funny

OK here what happened.

I’m a new player here.

During my very first playthrough, I read every quest, every line of dialog thoroughly.
First because the story can be a little complicated, second because people worked on it and deserved this respect.

During my actual playthrough, though, and I expect during the 1000 next, I did what I expect everybody does : I fast-clicked dialogs, eager to return to my happy hacking and slashing.

And then, near the end of 9th act, I just lost 100.000 gold on a joke.

I understand it’s my very own fault, but I can only ask : when did somebody think lose a hundred thousand golds on a joke is funny for the player ?

I know, everybody here has a dozen level 100 characters and a hundred thousand golds is a spit in a sea of gold, but when you are in your second playthrough, going from 107.000 golds to 7.000 is a blow.

I have no issue with losing golds because, well, I gambled and lost. It’s an ingame feature.
And i know i’ll get this gold back fast, it’s not the problem.

Losing it this way, it’s like a punishment because I was in a hurry to play (and have fun with it). It really stopped my session on a bad feeling. It’s only a temporary bad feeling, but it’s real.

In a game where loot drop rate is carefully balanced to give the player a constant flow of little good feeling, this bad feeling is really ill advised.

(sorry for this froggy english and thank you for your benevolence)

1 Like

This story sounds quite contradicting.
You already went trough this on your first play-trough, knowing there is an in-game, in-lore, scam in Chapter 9?
Or you stopped having respect for the people who worked on it and you got in-game scammed for 100k?

I think you don’t see my point.

First I’ll answer you though : I forgot the scam was in this very place. The story is 9 chapters long. Will I forgot it again ? I doubt it ! Is it relevant ? No. I did this feedback not to whine about the gold loss. I did it because… I felt it needed a feedback.

And the feedback is : at some point I felt punished, not because I played badly, not because I gambled and lost, but because of my eagerness to play.

ANd the feedback is : when you do all you can to give the player a good feeling in your game, don’t punish him on a joke.

Or at least give him the possibility to kill the scammer afterwards :). THAT would give a good feeling !

3 Likes

Is only your fault, but I understand this can happen to anyone.

A good solution is to put a quantity the player cannot afford. IE if you have 300k, the NPC asks for 500k instead.

3 Likes

I didn’t know you couldn’t kill the scammer afterwards, that does suck.

1 Like

Uhmm I think differently… seeing this post and someone who realy paid 100k for is is absolutely funny. Never thought someone will say “Yes I payed 100k!”.

1 Like

I smell a Steam Achievement here…

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.