Loot Filter Suggestions

The loot filter has by far the best in-game set up I have seen. It has an intuitive UI, and it’s easy enough to set up that I don’t feel like I need to download and tinker with someone else’s filter. As I play the game more, the loot filter start to feel more and more limited.

There are two main issues -

The first is that the customization options are very limited. Of the options present, about half of them overlap with the various default colorings. Of the rest, some of them are still very close to those default colorings. One way this can be fixed is to allow the text, border, and background colors to be selected independently. Another is to allow arbitrary color selection. (Or both)

The second arises as I gradually tighten my filter. I’m relatively deep in end game now that I’m starting to look for specific bases with specific stats. I redid my loot filter a couple of nights ago, and this is what a segment looks like:
https://imgur.com/GSGRoGV

Basically I have a set of affixes I’m looking for, then I have to make individual rules for the base items in each slot I’m looking for. Making it isn’t too bad, just make a rule, duplicate, change the item type and subtype. The problem comes when I realize I missed an affix, or I no longer care about an affix. Now I have 20 rules I have to go through to add or remove.

Ideally, in addition to the current Show/Hide/Recolor, add categories for Item Group and Affix Group. An item group would allow selection of specific bases for multiple item types. An affix group would just include a list of affixes. Then in the normal rules, allow selection of Item Group in addition to (or just inside of) Item Type, similarly with Affix Group and Affix. This allows for one set of things to be changed, instead of many copies of the same thing. It probably makes sense to leave count and individual/total tier filtering in the standard rules instead of affix groups.

A different way to do things is to run essentially 3 copies of the current loot filter system. One to change the text (current), one to change the border, one to change the background. Now a player can use text to filter for affix, border to filter for base item, and still have the background to play with for something else.

Ultimate Thread - Biblical edition Much more in this thread. I talk about categorize and improving same thing + few much more suggestions

YES !!
It is annoying and time consuming to narrow down items with specific affixes, and easy to make mistakes. The suggestion to define affix groups would simplify things immensely :smiley:

Another option, maybe less efficient and more difficult to implement, would be to allow combining (AND-ing )two rules together, rather than the limited options that already exist. This would enable the filter to be much more selective and powerful.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.