Loot Filter QoL Suggestions

A few suggestions for how the loot filter could be made a bit easier to use:

• Sometimes when I realize I left some affix out of the filter, I need to manually go update it in every rule that could have it. It would be nice if there were some way to propagate a change to all relevant rules. The player could tag the relevant rules and there could be some logic from the game using the tagging that shows which slots can have which affixes.

• It would be nice to have a way to use some rules from another filter, either yours or a friend’s without having to manually add them to yours. Sometimes I want to look for items for another character or the character my friend is playing, and it would help if I could just check some box that lets me temporarily pick rules from another filter to see. Maybe you could even designate a rule in the filter that is the “grab this rule if asked from another filter.”

1- Don’t know how easy that would be to implement, but it’s not a bad idea.
2- You can do that outside the game, either with a 3rd party tool (GitHub - MrReallyYo/leitemfilter-cli) that lets you merge filters, or by editing the XML file, which is saved on your PC. I tend to do this a lot (editing the XML files).

1 Like

I’ll take a look at that tool. Thanks.

That’s not to say it wouldn’t be nice to have it in-game, because it would. But in the meantime you don’t have to do it manually in-game.

2 Likes