Loot Filter: Please add a rule that can check minimum Forging Potential on items

As a workaround you could set up your loot filter to only show items that have a certain minimum sum of affix tiers. Then you won’t need the additional Forging Potential.

1 Like

Then I’d miss great items (that had good tier 1s and high FP)

No, you could simply duplicate your original rule(s), make the new one(s) for higher affix tiers and have both active. That’s how I do it, some rules are for potentially great crafting bases, the others for items that are great as is.

But then I’d still be seeing items that have great tier1s and low FP. These are wasting my time.

Not a bad idea. I think the more options we have the better the loot filter system will be so would love to see this implemented.

Both LP and FP were requested as conditions in the loot filter a couple of times and Mike, one of their Senior Devs, did comment on this a while back.

Continuing the discussion from Please add legendary potential to loot filter ruleset:

Not sure if their stance changed by now.
But I totally agree with him.

Up to a certain point yes, but the more you allow the more precise it gets the more kinda “automated” it will be where its a no-brainer to pick up loot and you will interact with loot a lot less.

I really like that nerve-wrecking feeling when a base type drops with some good prefixes or suffixes (you can see that already in the items name) and then you wanted to “check” the item when hovering over it and eitehr get disappointed or blown away.

1 Like

Those are solid points and see the thinking behind them but personally feel like both LP and FP rules could make me even more excited for the loot. It reminds me of exalt/divine drops on PoE that had a loud sound effect and very obvious loot text. Getting that from a LP item (maybe just let us have it as a “has it or doesn’t have it” option rather then the specific amount) could give a similar feeling.

It is a balance act I guess since with too few rules things can risk becoming tedious and a chore and I guess too much might become “automated” as you describe it.

Thing is that the line is different for everyone and I lean much more towards fewer but really interesting items being shown rather then too many. And none of these are active from the start, each person can make their own filter as strict or loose as they want so would rather then allow us as many rules as they are comfortable with and we can use the options we feel is right for us.

2 Likes

I think this could be a potential good middle ground. A simple check mark if the unique has LP or not.

With the point above though it can get a slippery slope, because once they add more people will demand more, that is always how it has been, so its up to EHG to draw the hard line how far they wanna move.

1 Like

I am flabbergasted and extremely disappointed in the devs’ mindset if they think wasting the players’ time having them look at every drop is a good thing. That’s just unbelieveable trolling of the player base.

1 Like

So far I have really liked where they have gone with the game and the design choices of all the mechanics. I trust that they will do what’s best for the game.

Won’t stop me from wishing for things to make it my dream version of the game however :wink:

everyday I learn a new word :smiley:

But I think your statement is a bit too harsh on the devs.
The don’t try to deliberately “troll” their playerbase, they jsut havea certain vision.

Also you do not have to look at every there are already a lot of ways to reduce the amount of loot you see.

This is a loot driven game and a big part is the loot.
Having the tools to reduce that loot to an amount where you literally only need to pick up items that are 100% guaranteed upgrade doesn’t make sense because of the crafting in this game.
And regarding LP and FP, while FP is a bit more vague, you would never really judge and item purely on its FP, there need to be soem otehr criterias that make you pick up the item or not, that you can already filter for.

They certainly troll me. :slight_smile:

Those do not exist. You can’t have low tier items with high fp.

This is pretty bad hyperbole. If they wanted to “waste your time” by forcing you to look at every drop, they wouldn’t have given you a very powerful and convenient loot filtering system. That doesn’t become an accurate descriptor just because there are two whole stats you can’t filter on.

They don’t want your ground loot experience to be made up exclusively of items you 100% know for sure that you are going to pick up, every single time. That isn’t trolling, it’s wanting you to engage with the loot hunt - the thing the game is based around - a bit more than “barely”.

2 Likes

I wish I could vote 100 times for this to be seen and implemented.

2 Likes

Low-tier items without adequate FP are not craftable so this argument is invalid.

First: Disagree
Second: “Low-tier items” is also very subjective

Crits and Glyph of Hope procs can make very unexpected outcomes for some crafts.
On top of that my argument still stand: You are not looking for items that are already better, than what you are wearing. You will look out for items with as many stats, as high as possible that you want and then try to make that item better, than what you are wearing.

There almost never is a “guaranteed” upgrade that drops as it is.

LE’s loot is designed in a way, that you need to interact with quite a few items and try and craft them, until you get an actual upgrade.

Even some “low-tier” items can be very good.

An item with 2x or 3x T1 affixes that you want is quite “low-tier” but can still make a very good crafting base.

That’s weird since my bank is full of such items.

btw I didn’t mean low tier items as such. I mean items that had low tier affixes that I want, but high FP. I have hundreds of these.

Well that’s quite a different kettle of fish. What you said was about t1 affixes and high fp which is not a valid combination given the fp is related to the combination of tiers.

OK now I am confused. I am staring at an item right now that has 4 tier 1 affixes and 32 FP. So I am not sure what you mean. Unless we both have a very different idea of what high FP means. For me, I’d say I consider 26+ high right now.

That’s the kind of item I am talking about.