Long-range bow builds for 1.1!

As someone who failed miserably at making their own bow build for 1.0, I’m curious to see what other people are thinking in terms of starting as a rogue focused on long-range bow skills. Anything ranging (haha, get it?) from complete build guides to just throwing out theories are welcome!

Personally I’m considering trying to go for bleeds this time since I have a soft spot for DoT’s, but I haven’t yet decided on how to go about this. I’m excited to hear your plans and thoughts, happy league start!

I find its easier to spec for poison then bleed, as poison self boosts its own pierce stat and is a common stat on affixes and low lvl uniques which are easy to get in 4lp. Bleed is harder as a lot of it scales poorly with less affixes and gear (with a bow).

Easiest bow build to run is the cold damage bow that is very easy to get with runes of ascendance. They cost almost no prophecy to farm, and since they are not faction locked, you just change to MG after you dropped the runes, to ensure the item is not cof tagged.

In simple terms. Use cof juice to run ascendance rune farming. Switch to MG. Use runes on any weapon. Keep doing it. Go find a egg. Give it to nemesis. Empower nemesis twice. Profit

I was really hyped to make a build with the phase point quiver, but it failed badly. Sadly detonating arrow self cast is really bad, i went all in with flat damages, LP’s, an incredibly nemesis bow, all the more multipliers that consume a ton of mana and it still deals pathetic damage and has pathetic AoE even though I specced a bunch into it. I comboed it with cinder strike to generate mana and dumped all the mana with detonating arrow.

Phase point itself is very underwhelming because dodge is a shit mechanic as is. There is no way to reliably proc it to generate arrows passively without having to use the dark quiver ability, which is what i was looking forward to. It would have been better if they added another line giving you a chance not only on dodge but also on hit to get dusk shroud and dark arrows. Its way too unrelaible as is.

I am currently on Trikster’s Multishot Range Bow Buiild and 100% enjoying it. The only downside is that the FPS issues with the game itself. Otherwise, it 's just pure fun.