[Linux] Launcher throwing Unknown Error. Please try again

Hey there :slight_smile:

The Linux Client throws an “Unknown Error. Please try again.” on launch for me, after cycling through “Connecting” a couple of times.
I dug through the Player Log (which is located at ~/.config/unity3d/Eleventh Hour Games/LastEpochLauncher/Player.log) in an attempt to find the cause.
It seems the launcher has problems if the directory containing it has spaces (e.g. “Last Epoch”).

Here is the relevant excerpt from the Player.log:

The correct path would be “/path/to/Last Epoch”, but the launcher omits “Epoch” entirely.
Also the launcher creates a “Last” file - instead of a directory - in “/path/to/” as well, which has no content.

Renaming the folder containing the launcher to something without spaces (e.g. “LastEpoch”) fixes the issue and the launcher is able to install/patch/launch the game without issues.

Therefore a temporary fix is to make sure to not have spaces in the path Last Epoch is installed into.

If I interpret the log correctly, It should’ve been uploaded to you guys unaltered as well, in case you need more info from the log.

I’m using an up-to-date Arch Linux. (HardInfo: Computer********Summary--------Computer-Processor : Intel(R) - Pastebin.com)
My mono version is:

Mono JIT compiler version 5.18.1 (makepkg/9cb3348c311 Thu Mar 21 17:20:20 UTC 2019)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notifications: epoll
Architecture: amd64
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
Interpreter: yes
LLVM: supported, not enabled.
Suspend: preemptive
GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

Thanks for the report!

This is a known issue.

Sorry for reporting it an additional time. I searched the forum before filing a report for the error message itself and found only a report related to Windows 10 (different issue).
Found the report now on technical support, although it has no reference to the error message itself.

Nevertheless, people searching for the error message should be able to find a temporary solution in either of these reports :slight_smile: I promise I will search better next time.

Please don’t apologize!

We’d much prefer people err on the side of sending us reports than not doing so. Even duplicate reports can be helpful if they contain more information than the original. At the very least they let us know the issue is still occurring, and help make sure it’s on our radar.

Hello, I’ve meet similar problem with linux launcher on Manjaro Linux. I’ve found that shell script pather/run.sh has ugly tests with environmental variables. In example if [ -z $PATCHER_EXE ] should be if [ -z "$PATCHER_EXE" ] or if [ -z "${PATCHER_EXE}" ]
After that still got that view:

If that problem is on shell side I would like to offer my help.
Until fix my workaround is simple - install path should not include space in any name - so /home/lordblick/Games/LastEpoch is OK and /home/lordblick/Any Games/LastEpoch or /home/lordblick/Games/Last Epoch is praying for this issue…

Edit: I know that my post is simply the same as that one above, but I’ve searched solution very long with my linux distro in name, so maybe now another user of Manjaro Linux will find this forum thread with some pictures…
Cheers…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.