Linux launch command on Hybrid graphics

70 fps on Linux # laptop/hybrid :slight_smile:

Just sharing, run this in terminal:

__NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD=1 __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=nvidia ./Launcher

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna bite (given I donā€™t have Linux), what does that do?

Not having the hardware, I cannot test myself, but I would expect that this will help ensure that LE runs on the discreet Nvidia GPU in a system that has a hybrid/dual GPU setup (i.e. gpu in the CPU & a separate GPU card)ā€¦ Its basically ā€œrunningā€ the launcher with some command line parametersā€¦

This is an issue because LE seems to have trouble doing this on its own in Linux - on windows you can configure it in the driver and OSā€¦ AMD GPUs seem to have better Linux drivers so tend to be okā€¦

1 Like

Hereā€™s the weird thing though I had a recent AMD GPU laptop that I was trying to get to work in Linux and the game ran horribly, and the AMD GPU was being used! this is what I just donā€™t understand but anyway nVidia works, it works well and it does need to be launched it with this command on hybrid, if youā€™re only running the Nvidia GPU itā€™s no big deal just launch it normally but it does affect battery life

Thank you for the possibly very useful information.

I must confess, trying out the Linux client is still on my to do list. I really must get around to it soon when I am finished with my other projects. I run 3 OSā€™s and one of them is Linux Mint although I have used several other distros in the past. Iā€™ve been slowly gearing up to completely replace my reliance on Windows for various reasons (obvious to me) and gaming is still the last proper obstacle to this. Every PC/laptop I set up/build for family/friends now has a Linux alternative to Windows installed for them & ready to go.

So, cheers @d3viant for your testing & sharing of information. Much appreciated.

Llama, given that you too are a grumpy older brit with a leaning towards logical numerical puzzles, might I suggest that you have been missing out on the wonderful enigma that is the world of Linux.

If you find the time, I would highly recommend opening the Pandoraā€™s Box that is the world of Linux. I would suggest that starting off with a well known & supported ā€œeasierā€ distro such as Linux Mint or Ubuntu is a good kick off point.

Trust me, I think your eyes will be well and truly opened to the possibilities of escaping the draconian & restrictive practices of Microsoft :smiley:

Oh #### no!

The only good finance systems & spreadsheets are on Windows so thereā€™s no reason for me to change.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.