Lightning blast closed circuit bugged?

Anyone else noticing that the closed circuit skill is not working as intended anymore? Its not chaining of me anymore and I’m not getting the increased damage and crit chance anymore?

I am getting the increased damage and crit chance, Closed Circuit works fine.

Did you learn Convergence or Insidious Conduction or Focal Blast? Those LB passives will prevent Chaining.

Thanks for replying. Nope, I did not spec into those passives… Now what? I’m losing considerable damage output against bosses.

Edit: Sorry, I did spec into convergence…

Don’t use lightning blast, the skill is garbage, you have to spec one node that cancels another node, when you want to deal single target dps, or aoe dps. It is such a hassle, and it does almost no damage however you gear yourself.

Honestly, the passive tree needs a rework, I had lightning blast level 27 and it did me nothing good.

The skill is awesome. Clearing T4 for zero mana cost :rofl:
Levelling was a breeze thanks to it too.

I think it’s a slow room clearing skill but for single target, it is good because you can stack the unique mad alchemist debuffs super quick and then use your dmg dealing skill. Good for leveling, cant imagine using this much past level 70.

It is bad for single target, it actually is good for room clearing if you get spark charge nodes + enigma. Because damage shotguns, i.e. you damage 20 mobs at once, and then all 20 explode so damage is multiplied by 20, as each mob exploding damages another one.

For single target it does nothing, because it does not chain repeatedly on the boss target. So you need to pick a node that allows it to chain on single target, that eats a ton of mana (with fast casting spell), so you need to pick another node that allows it to be cast on negative mana, and then another node, and you won’t have enough points and damage is pretty bad without spark charges.

Also ability to cast on negative mana node seems to be bugged, it frequently stopped casting for me, in between of going to zero/negative mana, so every other second.

i.e. you damage 20 mobs at once

Too bad LB can’t damage 20 mobs at once. Or apply Spark Charge to 20 mobs at once in the first place - you’re thinking of Teleport + Enigma.

so you need to pick another node that allows it to be cast on negative mana

That would defeat the point of picking Convergence, since the negative mana cost node explicitly states that LB cast while out of mana will NOT chain.

1 Like