[Lich] Hollow Lich and Leech are showing inconsistent values in stats

Sorry for long post, trying to be as thorough as possible.

Made a different report of Hungering Souls not leeching only to find out that Hollow Lich is converting all sources of leech into damage. However, the stats screen shows no change in the leech values with Hollow Lich allocated or unallocated. It does affect the damage values though gained from other sources of leech verified by removing and equipping idols with leech and protection only.

https://imgur.com/a/etbDclU

The other part that is very inconsistent is the sources of the leech value. In the screenshot above I have 12% Spell Damage Leeched as Life, with the extra 4 points coming from the red passive at the bottom Survival of the Cruel (tested with unallocating 2 points and the value drops from 12% to 11%.

So here’s where it gets tricky. Here are all of my current sources of leech:
Lich: 1% Damage Leeched as Life
Survival of the Cruel: 4% Spell Leech
Ageless Ascetic: 12% Health Leech
Soul Maw: 5% Health Leech and 25% Increased Health Leech (which can be read as increasing the values of my leech or the amount that would be leeched)
Idols: 4.1% Damage Leeched as Life
Gear: None.

So based off unallocating and removing Idols:
Lich - Changes values
Survival - Changes value
Ageless - Does not change values
Soul Maw - Both parts change values
Idols - Does not change values

Ageless is the same description as Soul Maw and Idols are the same as Lich, I should have an additional (12+4.1) x 1.25 leech value (assuming no Hollow Lich). Unless passive descriptions are incorrect, my leech values should read something like 28 and 33. And with 28% and 33% leech values, Hollow Lich is not converting correctly and I have less than that with only 248% spell damage across everything and 330% should be from Hollow Lich conversion alone.

Currently Hollow Lich gives me 221% spell and non-spell damage, so it is pulling from different values than the leech stat and ignoring Survival of the Cruel altogether. My brain hurts from too much math at this point, but it sounds like the 8 and 12 values stuck on stats screen is the same damage increase I’m missing from Hollow Lich too.

And to take make it even more confusing… in unallocating and reallocating points… my spell leech is now at 13%. No other gear or passives have changed in testing. So something is possibly wrong with Soul Maw increased values or just a rounding bug.

That doesn’t surprise me as the Maehlin’s Hubris gloves (convert bleed chance to ignite chance) currently don’t reduce the amount of bleed chance on the stat screen, but EHG confirmed that it’s not applying bleed (though they didn’t confirm that it’s applying the correct number of ignite stacks), so I imagine the same thing is happening here.

Additionally, the stats screen won’t show any “on hit” leech.

1 Like

This is a bit different than those gloves. The stats screen is not showing my correct leech sum pre-conversion and it does show the damage increase from Hollow Lich being activated. So the conversion stats are working for Hollow Lich, just with invisible leech values.

The only on-hit Leech I have are via Harvest/Reaper and will not be displayed on stats. All 5 sources of leech in the post are regular forms of leech that should be counted in stats screen based off similar descriptions.

Ageless Ascetic is coded as Health Leech on Hit (meaning it won’t leech for damage over time effects nor show in the character sheet), but the tooltip was changed by mistake when we re-wrote the tooltips. I suspect it’s the same problem for your Idol.

I recognize the current situation is definitely clunky for determining exactly what stats you have and how they all affect others, and we’ll aim to improve this in the future.

Thanks for the response. That created a few more questions of things that don’t make sense, but I’ll just leave it alone until things get smoothed out. :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, %increased leech doesn’t affect damage conversion of hollow lich.

Additionally, Ageless Ascetic’s tooltip is wrong, it gives 1% leech per point.

Knowing that, we get:

Survival of the Cruel: 4% - 40% dmg
Lich Mastery: 1% - 10% dmg
Ageless Ascetic - 8% - 80% dmg (tooltip incorrectly shows 1.5%)
Soul Maw - 5% - 50% dmg
Idols - 4.1% - 41% dmg

40+10+80+50+41 = 221%

That doesn’t surprise me as “increased leech” is probably “increased health from leech” (or it’s bugged).

Yeah, the description notes “increased the amount of damage you leech as health” when you hold alt over it.

i am positive that Health Leech on Hit does not only effect the toolbar, my drain life does 4000~5000 more damage on each tick after i added 10% health leech on hit

It should be if you have Hollow Lich since the leech from leech on hit is converted to % (global) damage.

i thought loken meant: the tooltip is not showing the correct numbers

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.