Level requirement too high after crafting

I crafted an item that had a final level requirement of 69 while my character was 67. It might be related to the base item having a tier 6 affix, but I’m not sure.

This is the first time I can’t directly use an item after crafting but it is also the first time I managed to craft an item with a tier 6 affix to the point where it wouldn’t let me craft any further instead of shattering. Maybe it’s supposed to be this way, then just ignore this report. :smile:

The item how it dropped:

After crafting:

1 Like

Hey… Not sure this is a bug but it would be nice if the crafting had a “warning” note for when you craft something that the outcome will be a higher level than your char can use - especially if you are lucky enough to get a critical craft and it boosts more than one tier.

This happened to me many times in the past until i learned to craft slowly based on my level - I realised that adding a tier to each affix every few char levels worked better than trying to max out a single tier which could potentially make the item unusable until my char could catch up.

It is a bug since you shouldn’t be able to craft items higher than your character level .

And what happens if you get a random critical craft? How would it know to prevent a craft if there is a possibility of an extra random tier that could put the item over the level requirement?

Just for clarification: The last craft on this item was not a criticial success.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.