Level of Randomisation and In-game Secrets

Hi there folks!
What I would like to ask you are two things:

1. How you see randomisation of levels in Last Epoch?
    What I meant is that are you going to stick with totally random levels with foes reappearing after you left location like in Path of Exile or maybe you are going to have pre-made levels like in Grim Dawn which were really good but kind of repetitive after several playthroughs. Honestly I dislike both approaches and think that they are too radical. Let me explain. It really annoyed me in PoE when I returned back to location which I totally cleansed and then I saw completely different location with hordes of foes reappearing again. There was no sense of satisfaction. I killed the stuff during one session and here we go again. It’s not fun. Imo the best approach was in Diablo 2 where enemies didn’t respawn during one session and the layout of levels never changed during one playthrough.

2. Today I watched interview with Mike from EHG and he spoke about some secrets. Please! Don’t make them like in Grim Dawn where you can’t even see if you found them all because there was no in-game counter to tell you as to how many of them you found already. And I implore don’t even implement such ridiculous things as cow level in Diablo 2. There was no way to found this level on your own and there was no hint inside of the game as to what you need to do to find this level. Secrets should not be too cryptic. Just remember how much time we spent in old FPS like Shadow Warrior or Blood searching for secrets. It will make the game very slow-paced and do we really need this secrets in Action RPG?

Thanks in advance for your opinion regards to my questions!

Titan Quest & Grim Dawn had exploreable secrets (bosses, chests, areas, quests, etc) & were all the more awesome for it. Though they were also open world aRPGs so exploration could be more of a thing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.