Lets Talk Bleed Mechanics

Okay so lets get the basics out of the way to make sure I actually understand them, & then I’ll get to my question at the end of the last paragraph within this post (please don’t hesitate to correct any wrong information).

Per the Last Epoch wiki:

• Damage Over Time is an effect which applies it’s total damage over a set length of time divided into ticks per second. For each tick, Tick Damage = Total Damage / Time.

• Bleed has a base damage of 48 done over the span of 4 seconds (12dmg/second for 4 seconds)

• This base bleed damage (48) doesn’t scale relative to the hit damage that applies the bleed (like in POE), but rather by modifiers such as generic “Increased Damage”, “Increased Physical Damage”, & "Increased Damage Over Time"

• The above modifiers will scale the numerical value of the bleed dmg (48), but not the total duration of the bleed, nor the rate in which tick dmg is applied within the window of that total duration. Therefore, + 100% [Insert 1 of the 3 modifiers above] applied to bleed’s base damage = 96 dmg over 4 seconds (24dmg/second for 4 seconds)

With that out of the way, lets talk about the Rogue skill “Shift”. Shift has a node in it’s tree named “Jagged Cuts” which increases Bleed Effect & Bleed Duration. I don’t see any tooltip info specifying exactly what these modifiers scale (nor can I find info about them in the wiki), but one can reasonably assume that Bleed Duration scales the total amount of time it takes for bleed’s full damage to be applied (duh). Although, Bleed Effect isn’t quite as intuitively understood due to the term “effect” being somewhat ambiguous here. But if I had to take a guess I’d say this modifier scales the tick rate of the bleed (?) If true, that would mean + 50% Bleed Effect applied to bleed’s base values = 6 dmg/0.5 seconds for 4 seconds. Same overall damage applied within that 4 second window, but with an increased rate at which individual instances of bleed dmg are applied to a target. Correct, or no?

Given how Shadow Dagger effect & Ignite effect works, I’d say bleed effect is just another modifier for you to increase damage per sec, but I think it works as a more modifier. I believe bleed duration, as you say, stretches out the time over which bleed does it’s damage.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.