Let Soulfire & Torch Of The Pontifex Uniques Effect Skeletal Mage/Death Knight Hungering Souls As Well

I understand the need that you can’t have your own personal skill trees effect Skeletal Mage spells as that would be double dipping on the the scaling. However, I’m still sad I can’t have my army of Death Knights shoot flaming skulls at my enemies.

If the Soulfire unique item allows that though I’ll be happy.

For those who don’t want to look up the Soulfire item here are its stats with maximum values as of today:

Soulfire - Relic

+30% Chance to ignite on hit

+70 Health
+165% Chance to ignite on hit with fire skills and necrotic skills.
60% Increased fire damage if you have killed an enemy recently
100% Increased armor while ignited
100% Of Hungering Souls base damage converted to fire
Hungering Souls ignite on hit instead of possessing

Here’s the stats as of today for Torch Of The Pontifex with maximum values:

Torch Of The Pontifex - Two-handed blunt weapon
Base attack rate 0.9 - Slow
+38 Melee physical damage
60% Increased melee stun chance

+13 Spell necrotic damage
+170% Chance to ignite on hit
170% Increased fire damage over time
13% Increased fire damage taken
You cremate enemies you kill, burning enemies around them
You have a 10% chance to summon a burning skeleton for 10 seconds when you cremate an enemy

As can be seen these two items are meant to go together for creating a Hungering Souls fire build.

What I would like, as I mentioned earlier, is that these two unique items also apply to your Skeletal Mages when it comes to the Death Knight’s ability to cast Hungering Souls themselves.

EHG commented on a different post that our mages aren’t casting the real hungering souls, and they plan to change the name to avoid confusion.
On an aside, mages can already be turned into pyromancers, so I question the necessity of a change such as this.

The type of request you’re talking about is currently limited to Sentinel’s Manifest Armor - where you can take the stats of your weapon and gear and have them apply to your minion skill.

Do you think the current Death Knight / Hungering Soul interaction is underwhelming? I haven’t seen Death Knights used at all compared to the Pyro + & Cyromancers.

They’ve been planning that for several years. Quite how difficult it is to change the text in a few places I don’t know.

That said, I agree with OP, it’d be nice to have more interaction between items & skills.

I used death knights for a bit when I was running my maximum poison build (since melee minions have way more poison adding effects from talents), but it fell off around level 70, when ~100-200 stacks of poison just isn’t relevant anymore.

In this case, i’d argue we’re talking more about a skill of a skill.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.