Lessons from other aRPG's and hopes for Last Epoch

Not gonna lie, the AI art to illustrate a point is kinda cute.

Don’t you see ?! The soldier and the army killed that knight !

Every league we see the same slaughterhouse.” (Do we, now ?)

Last Epoch, PoE is dying.” (Hm, I think i’ve heard this one before…)

…It feels like a child doing a powerpoint presentation to the parents, asking to go to a Swift concert.
Because, we never know, maybe it’s her last! (shows an AI version of T. Swift as a very old woman)
It’s now or never, folks ! (shows a clock at 11h59)
And it’s a question of life or death ! (shows a kid smiling and a tombstone)

Sorry, that’s a bit condescending. I mean no disrespect to the OP. Just teasing and being a stupid jester, once again. <3

4 Likes

pours gasoline on the poe people appearing here poe is dying, by the hands of poe 2 :slight_smile:

RMT in general is a big nothing burger, IMO. It doesn’t affect anyone nearly as much as the 1% of 1% of forum players act like it does. If they were never told RMT existed, most people would never know the difference between it being present and not.

I think if RMT is having an impact on the game and economy matters that much, there is a game design problem not an RMT problem. In other words, if builds are so hard to complete or make useful that the market is almost mandatory, that’s poor game balance.

We’ll still have to see, but it looks like the LE systems set up for trading should make this mostly irrelevant.

Even games like BDO have RMT despite having a fully fledged auction house with frictionless trading. RMT exists because people want to use shortcuts. It’s not a game design issue at all imo, it’s a people issue

3 Likes

I never said it was going to prevent it, just that it acts as a deterent. The RMTers have to factor in the box price to see if it’s worth doing, this is not the case with f2p games like PoE. Surely you can see that?

PoE and Last Epoch couldn’t be more different. Especially with regards to trading. Will there be RMT in LE? Probably. But definitely not at a scale that is in PoE.

In LE:

1. Item can be traded only once.
  2. There is a tax. In order to complete the trade you have to invest time actually playing the game.
  3. What’s the player balance between Trade/SSF in PoE? Something like 80%/20%? I suspect it would be closer to 50%/50% in LE. The reason being that there is no opportunity cost to go trade in PoE, but there is a cost in LE - prophecies seems to be pretty good.

While that is true, RMT won’t happen through the bazaar. So trading items only once isn’t an issue, just like it wouldn’t change it in PoE.
What makes a difference is that you can’t just give all and any items you have to a random player. You will have to play with them to get the resonances so you can gift that item. That is what makes RMT harder in LE.

The trade restrictions you mentioned aren’t to prevent RMT but rather to prevent the toxic PoE trade behaviours like sniping and price fixing.

You will have to play with them to get the resonances so you can gift that item

There you go. This is what makes it practically impossible. Resonances drop rate is pretty low. RMT sellers wouldn’t want to waste time playing for hours with each buyer (unless the price is astronomically high of course).

We actually don’t know what the drop rates are yet.
Either way, yes, that will discourage RMT trade, even if you get a resonance every 10 minutes.

No need to fear this in LE.

Game design is not very RMT-affine, PoE is very different in this regard with its extreme focus on RNG based crafting and its design around 1% (streamers).

While I believe that LE will have at some point more players than PoE it will never be an attractive target for RMT or other less-desirable… peculiarities.

Don’t worry - we have a game at hand here that has all the good things PoE is missing.

well there are so much people who cant play the game because of this zone dcing… no answears no solutions since 1 year i dont see anypoint to release this lol soon

Yes, but if I’ve agreed to sell you my Awesome Terror Mace of 2h melee Rogue Empowerment for a beeeeeellion of your American Dollars (or whatever IRL currency we can agree on) then as long as we’re both MG we can meet up in-game & I can sell it to you for 1 gold plus the favour cost.

No, it really doesn’t. Resonances won’t have any impact on the presence or absence of RMT.

Er, no.

You can, but since there’s no direct sale, you have to put it up in the bazaar and risk someone else randomly buying it.

Yes, there is. One of the main points is that you find someone in-game and directly trade with them, all other requirements (faction rep to be able to trade the item & favour cost) still stand.

Oh, I wasn’t aware of that. Then yes, you can RMT that way, but I expect that will become relatively easy to track by EHG which can then ban the account, forcing the RMTer (and probably the RMTee) to buy a new one.

Not to mention that, even in that case, they still have to play the game for a while to get enough favor to be able to sell. So it wouldn’t be possible to have just some account/bot that only does RMT. They have to get enough rank to sell stuff and they have to collect favor to be able to sell. And if their account gets banned, not only do they have to buy it again, they also have to farm everything again.

So yes, RMT will always exist. It just won’t be as profitable and easy as it is on PoE.

Yeah, trading an item for substantially below what it’s listed on the AH for would be a flag to investigate trading history rather than an insta-ban (you could just be “trading” it to a friend that you don’t have resonances for).

And the rep.

You could, you’d just have to have the account/bot “farm” rep/favour, as well as find the items. It wouldn’t be the same as PoE, certainly, but it could be done, just not as easily, which is the point.

Exactly, that’s why I said it.

1 Like

I do see it, I just think at the end of the day it will not stop as much RMT as you think it will. I also think leaving in any direct trading is a mistake that will encourage the bad actors to try and skirt or break the systems EHG has put in place.

I have no idea how much it would or would not deter RMT, but any finacially minded RMTer would enter it into their calculations. Given the presence of direct trading, they don’t need to try & skirt/break the systems.

The question is not if RMT is possible or not. The question is will it affect the majority of players in any way? And the answer is no, it won’t.