Legendary Items and Eternity Cache

I was expecting more tbh… true legendary items make them like “chase items”.They are like reskin uniques, but let’s wait and see how the system will work.Why we need to craft a legendary items i dont’t get it rly

2 Likes

Power creep is real.

But these seem more like empowered uniques than legendaries with powerful effects.

Not only does this cause balance problems(Dreamthorn+Exalted with added void = most OP weapon ever), but it has no impact on what items you would decide to target farm, there are no items that are legendary that are not uniques, because uniques is how you get legendaries.

All it does is make us farm the same unique a few more times to get a better roll.

I would have preferred if legendaries were traditional legendaries - such that it could be a unique with a pre-defined extra stat. Because this will just result in PoE level power creep where those without legendary gear die instantly to random mobs and those with it are unkillable.

1 Like

I’m likely not in the majority here but I’m not a fan of crafting being the only option for great gear. PoE is the obvious example of an ARPG with an overly complex crafting system. It is also not very accessible to casual to mid-tier players.

This system feels like needing to hit multiple lotteries for exceptional items. Well rolled unique, well rolled legendary potential level, well rolled and crafted exalted…. Perhaps an argument can be made for that being a good thing long-term. I suspect what we’ll see are dedicated players with insane legendaries. Either they’ll stomp content or more casual players won’t be able to do the content.

I’m not arguing that sets, uniques and so forth need to have equal power compared to the proposed legendaries but they shouldn’t be an order of magnitude behind.

1 Like

They aren’t rare at all. It is just a classification of item. You can take any slop unique with LP and any crappy exalted item and create a “legendary”. It won’t be worth the slot to equip it, but it is still technically a legendary.

The important part is that the variance in the quality of Legendary items is the biggest variance in items thus far. The high end, 4 affix, Legendaries will be truly legendary. Mashing a useless unique with a useless exalted will still get you a useless item.

This is honestly the first update to the game that has actually made me want to grind items. Bravo for that.

3 Likes

I hope this doesn’t mean you HAVE to create a legendary for a dungeon run else you are wasting an eternity cache slot right ? Would there be any way of saving a full cache ?
I guess this will be answered when more dungeon info is released.

If you leave the dungeon without using the cache, you don’t get to come back to it without doing the dungeon again. You can do the dungeon as many times as you want as long as you have keys for it. It’s not an overly lengthy process so really and you’ll get other things from the dungeon too.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be too bad then hopefully. Thanks!

Power Creep? Maybe for Arena :D. Outside of Arena there is no contant available legenderys are needed for. This might change in the future but right now they are just the cherry on top to chase for to have them.

Uber Slab <3 I’ll probably start collecting different variants.

P. S. Set items can be “fixed” without getting too powerful by transferring affixes from Exalted item to set bonus.
Whole set have to be sticked into crafting window.
Max Potential = min(number of set bonus tiers, lowest item’s Potential).
1 transferred affix per set bonus tier. Only tier bonuses with same transferred affix type and strenght provide that affix (in case of mixing pieces from same set with different transferred affixes).

A bit clunky but seems to be just fair enough…

hello all.
i find this horribly underwhelming after all they hype and wait for legendaries to come out. the only 2 i care about really cause we need soo many defense affixes in this game on our non unique items and damage modifiers for end game. the exhngious example they game a little intellect a little viatlity and 18 percent health will give us what maybe 1k ward maybe 2k ward ptotiential more for somting weve been waiitng for for so long i fond this kind of underwhelming plus how many dungeouns are we gonna have to run to get just the exmaple on that chest they gave 100 200 tries???

just my2 cents

omg we have to farm keys to run the dungeoun now also !!!

agreed whole heartedly. plus the rarity of hat you get will make it near impossible to get what you want you may have 4 slots lp on a item but you have no control over what affixes get merged onto the unique
ill wait and see when patch goes live

Been thinking this over and over.
Remembered that original itemization focus was that BiS is mixing up uniques, exalted, sets
But now it seems legendaries all the way. This was not concern after its possible to get full legendaries.

legendaries is two probably best item rarities combined : Exalted & Uniques
So it hammers pretty hard rest of the rarities.

I think there should be limit how many legendaries you can use. You have to use other rarites too for that final ”build”

So you have like something like set, 2 legendaries, exalted/rare rest.

Crafting changes also made this game whole a lot easier. IMO
Now this ” best items for sure” type of legendaries.

I loved the puzzling and experimental way. Now it just seems little bit too ”Obvious” gameplay. Even though im gonna go radio silence, no forums, twitch , youtube atleast for month so i dont see any content as spoilers…

If you have 4 LP item then ALL of the affixes from the exalted will be transfered. ALL of them except for the sealed one. Just a note :smiley:

Yea, I don’t think you understand how the Legendary system works. The affixes just come from the exalted item, not some random pool. So you will need to craft up the exalted item to get the affixes you want first.

Same can be said for the current situation - top build does need exalted items in every slot. But what is in reality? You know it yourself I think. 2-3 at max is usual case. Same thing will be with Legendaries.
Besides, 90% of Legendaries will have 1-2 LP. So it is not that you don’t lose anything if you wear a legendary item vs. good rolled exalted or rare with a sealed affix. Uniques miss many useful affixes. They are not optimal for many builds. And only with 3+ LP and good transfered exalted affixes they can become better than a good rare items with t20+.

3 Likes

Good luck getting all that you want with legendary potential of 2-4 then the luck of getting exalteds with affixes that you want and then those affixes transferred to the uniques/legendaries.

All legendaries is unlikely to be a practical way to gear your character.

3 Likes

Same has been said, when exalted items got introduced, but it never really happenend.

Even after hundreds of hours I only have 2-3 exalted items that I use in practice on my most played character.

Also keep in mind that the difference between a 5 affix exalted with a phenomanel base and a unique with maybe not a endgame base, but 2-3 legendary affixes might not be that big for some item categories.

Everything we doing here is giving feedback on “how we think things will be”.

But this kind of system, especially with such rarity gated stuff, needs a lot of time to get proper feedback.
We need to experience and see how this is in practice.

And I think the base system is really good and can be easily tweaked (twaking the rarity of LP on certain uniques)

3 Likes

Wait a second…

… you want the most powerful items in every slot in ARPGs ?!

Since when!?!?!

/sarcasm

2 Likes

I haven’t finished watching the stream yet (cannot catch it live, unfortunately), so I don’t know if this question is asked/answered there.

Is Legendary Potential going to be a filterable quality? Will I be able to, for example, highlight a unique drop that has LP to help draw my attention to it? While this is by no means a make or break option, it would be nice (I think) to see at a glance if a unique drop of an item type for which I have multiple copies of every unique offers a reason for me to look more closely.