Leech on DOT damage not working for minions?

Just to keep the organization on forum, I’ll create a new topic, original from here:
Minion regen based on % instead of Flat Value - #7 - Feedback and Suggestions - Last Epoch Forums

I tried to figure out how minion leech work, because I guess the game don’t know which minion applied X times the poison/bleed/ignite/etc, and also, seems that not all minions receive leech from all dots at once. It’s hard to test it, but lowering my minions HP and them attacking the enemies, the HP don’t start to “regen” more than the minion regen base, only little pops from hit.

So, this interation its working?

EDIT: I tested again, two situation:

1 - If leech work only for each individual DOT apply, them the value will be very low and I’ll not able to see any difference, since my minions don’t have 100% chance to apply any of DOTs.

2 - If leech work as the total damage from a single enemy apply to all minions, then it’s not working.

1. To me it seems the answer is you need to invest more into both DoT chance and damage, I dont see any issue with the game here.

2. I may be wrong but you should leech from each tick. It will not apply to all minions, only the minion(s) who inflicted the DoT.

This would be extremely hard to test if you have a ton of minions each inflicting their own DoT unless you could get info on which minion inflicted which DoT and how much DoT was done total. Highly doubt we will ever be given that level of info in game haha.

edit

Weird bug with #2 not being aligned left, fixed after putting a space between 1. and I :thinking:

Yes, in that case my minions are unable to do enough damage to see any leech, in that case it’s my fault.

But here is the thing, the game saves each value for each DOT from each source for each monster to check to who give the life? If yes, that’s explain why my game lags so hard (:smile:) and also make minion leech from DOT a not so attractive mod. If no, how minion life leech works?

Surely the game calculates which minion inflicted which DoT and then calculates the amount of leech each minion receives from each tick, unless the code is bugged. And yes, it most definitely can lag you out, hell I have read a lot of posts where people with very high end rigs lag in situations you’d think they shouldnt.

Minion DoT leech probably isnt useful when clearing packs of trash mobs, but surely is pretty impactful against bosses when DoT’s can do their thing.

1 Like

Hey there,

This is the way it should work. With a minion crit build you can see this working very well - individually just for minions when they hit enemies.₩

The “problem” with minion leech, I agree, is that the individual dot damage per minion isn’t that high. If you have 20+ minions that apply dots, the damage on a single target is really nice. Just if your minions rely on their individual heal, it can seem a bit underwhelming.

It’s a very interesting topic and I’ve not much experience with the survivability of minion dot builds as almost all my mass minion builds (just talking about Necro) are crit builds.

2 Likes

After reading this topic as well as his previous topic, it seems non-permeant minions need to stack both regen and leech, especially when you have a large amount of them. Regen is much more consistent during general game play, while leech will help a ton with survivability against bosses,

1 Like

Leech works great on crit builds. The skeleton mages have a skillnode that enables them to leech on crit. Same for Abomination and Wraiths. Skeletons also have health leech but they remain the squishiest of the minions.

If your playing with an decaying Abomination, the leech on crit is really huge. Because this beast hits like a truck.

So currently I don’t see an issue with minion leech in general. Just maybe with a DoT minion build.

As I stated on the other topic, I often don’t build minion health regen.

Ribbons Of Blood (Abimination Boss drop) is a great tool. It increases minion health leech - especially for melee minions- and provides crit immunity for all your minions. It’s worth considering to use on ranged minion builds, too.

Sinathias Set also is great for minion builds.

2 Likes

That is some great information, thank you for sharing it with us. I never have made a pet build in LE, I was just working off of basic mechanical knowledge, so it is nice someone who actually knows their shit contributed as well.

Im coming off a pretty decent pet build in the Grimarillion mod for Grim Dawn, maybe I will yoink some of your know how after I attempt an auto bomber build here in LE :grin:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.