LE Trade -- The Great -- The Bad -- The...Unfortunate

Or, even better, post as an answer in a thread, AND later copy/paste the exact same post as a new thread. Best of both world!

1 Like

There is post, and post.

Allow me to take Macknum as an example: he posted more than anyone about trade, and is very passionate about it, but he always tried to take all the arguments, from all sides, into accounts, and bring new ideas to the table.
This is absolutely fine, and useful.

Posting the exact same thing again and again just gets annoying and, in my opinion, doesn’t achieve anything.
I suspect the OP of this thread hasn’t even bothered reading the rest of the forum (or they would know their “idea” has already been idead countless times). You can’t really have a debate if people just repeat the same argument while ignoring completely what the other side has to say.

[For the record, I personally don’t give a hoot about trade. I love PoE, and sometimes trade there; I also love Grim Dawn, but never traded anything (don’t even know if we can). Trade, no trade, it is not going to have the slightest effect on how much I enjoy the game. Just to point out that not everybody cares about it.]

3 Likes

Oh, is this “rate my posts” here? And what category is your post then? Post or post?

Yeah, you got it. Then why do you so often act as if it was?

2 Likes

Maybe my question is kinda offtopic, but I would really like to know: do we have shared stash in multi, like we have in the current (offlinne) version?
Thanks.

No worries :slight_smile: . As we appear to be ok with repeat posts of topics already trampled repeatedly. Then thread highjacking is certainly not off the table :slight_smile: i believe multi has shared shared stash unless you check the solo checkbox for a particular character.

Grim Dawn has trade for coop. They didn’t take off because they didn’t make dedicated servers. They sold fairly well considering the size of the company. Well enough to fund them creating a game in a different genre that they seemed more interested in making. If they do make GD2 they’ll need a much better engine and dedicated servers imo.

Wolcen’s failure was not due to trade. they had MUCH bigger problems such as barely any improvements in the year post launch and a massive exodus of key developers.

With that said, I am definitely worried for LE and I think they’ve made huge mistakes with their big statement on trade. It came across as a pretty strong indictment against any kind of robust economy. And so while just having gifting for 0.9 isn’t an issue, it became one when they posted a blog essentially closing the door on any robust economy.

I would have felt a lot better if they instead stated that gifting was their implementation for 0.9 but that they were open to revisiting trade in a larger scope after feedback from 0.9. But between the blog post and weekly streams, there really has been no reason to hold out any hope in that regard.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/item-gifting-development-update-from-our-principal-game-designer/51175

4 Likes

I have not came back here due to the thought that every person was going to be toxic but the discussion seems to be great…minus a few of you

First off I think making duplicate post is a totally fine thing to do yeah it can be annoying to the people trying to sift through the forums for any new ideas however the sheer amount of posts seen by the developers is much better much much better than only having one post and having to sift through thousands of comments about that single post it’s not going to give the devs any sort of idea of what’s going on or what people think

One of you said that I hadn’t read through the other posts which is not entirely correct I did read through the other very popular trade Post on here and I did read the manifesto from the devs but you are correct in the aspect of saying that it doesn’t matter whether or not somebody has made the post others should make the same post with generally the same ideas as stated above

I do appreciate the constructive conversation going on amongst you I have read the entire thread on this post and I just hope that in the end I want to play last epoch for more than a few dozen hours per League

1 Like

Also this is another excellent point that i share similar thoughts about

No, the devs just don’t want trade to be the easiest way to get loot. The devs don’t generally just bend in whatever the strongest wind blows, they actually have their own views on things (I know! How unreasonable is that?!?).

Now being the operative word. Things change & if the devs can come up with a decent way of having the least amount of restrictions on trade and the least changes to drop rates and gearing speed.

I don’t.

Yes, with the same restrictions.

I posted a reply to the developer’s thread, and a single new topic forum post to those who don’t read through every single reply. Hardly spamming. 50% of the player base agrees with open market trade. At least that is my suspicion based on community feedback.

Don’t just generalize the playerbase based on experience, you’ve only encountered the people dedicated enough to go to the forums and make posts. That means their either angry about the state of things, or feel involved in the process.

Unsourced statements like yours can make discussion about viable trading solutions difficult.

1 Like

I have a Youtube channel devoted to POE, D2, D4, and LE. I’ve had a lot of feedback about people upset with the new trading system concept. Now again you are right, it is biased because most of my watchers are POE players. But that is okay, I’m not the one making decisions, EHG is. That’s why I’m providing feedback. It will be their decision, not your’s or mine.

2 Likes

TBF I was pissed af in the beginning and was more “german” about the topic then anything else ^^.

That’s the beauty of the whole discussion. No matter how EHG is puling this of they’ll loos hardcore extrimists on either side of the spectrum but at the end of the day trade or none trade wont make or brake LE. The are far bigger problems that make LE a bad choice vs other Hack and Slays out there no matter how much of a wight knight someone can be.

2 Likes

A significant amount agree, and a significant amount disagree & I’d be surprised if a significant amount doesn’t give a ####. Nobody has accurate numbers on it, but it is a very polarising topic so those who don’t don’t-give-a-#### are quite vociferous. While some people do have numbers from polls & the like, they’re not going to be for a statistically significant sample size. There was one poll someone put up on Reddit that got ~900 responses that were roughly evenly split over all 3 options (pro-trade, anti-trade, don’t care).

I don’t think I’m allowed to reply to that…

Go ahead after all I’m german so you need to be very creative to make me upset in any way because what most people deem censoreable is common stuff in my part of germany ^^.

Please provide actual statistics.
Also, even if this were factual data, based on this number 50% of the player base does not agree with open market trade.

1 Like

Its not you I’m concerned about upsetting me. Others appear to have distinctly thinner skin where “don’t mention the war” type comments (that aren’t directed at them) are concerned.

To be honest, based on people I’ve talked to and the opinions of content creators. Open market trade is wanted by >90% of people who would actually like to give LE a go.

A reminder that in PoE, SSF makes up about 7-10% of the entire playerbase.

1 Like

Yeah, but that’s probably a few hundred people and the devs don’t want open/unrestricted trade (which very odd given their (or at least Mke’s) reverence for D2.

This is not real data. I know more people that prefer the current system to open trade. It’s not representative of the whole. There are probably more people that aren’t even saying anything and likely don’t care, than there are people who care one way or the other.

2 Likes