LE Trade -- The Great -- The Bad -- The...Unfortunate

I want to start this out by saying something very simple – I know this is still early to tell exactly how trade will be on full release, However I was implored to make a post if I was passionate about the subject

My background in Arpgs and Trade

Ive played about 8.5k hours in Path of Exile all trade
A few thousand hours in OLD D3 Auction house days
Ive traded in WoW, Torchlight infinite, And have played many other full trade games

Ive played LE for a several hundred hours prior to any trade stuff even being announced (Old monos be damned)

The Juicy Part

Its my belief that how “trade” works currently (and could possibly work in the future) is fairly right for LE I’m not naive to the fact that LE shouldn’t have full trade // No Restrictions However my fear is that this “Trade” Will not be nearly enough for a player like me, any many other players who are into player driven economies
Also another problem I see is that this “Trading” falls on the ground flat for people who only play Solo
This General idea that items can only be traded one time but only among your party members while in the same zone as you to me feels… Immeasurably disappointing… I love Last Epoch, I wanted to get into the economy but this isn’t trade at all and I can’t see myself or anyone else who is interested in the economy aspect wanting to come back to LE when there are other options for ARPGs that already have trade – And with D4 around the corner (KEKW) I just have a sinking bad feeling about the future of LE
The Good is: Current “trade” is safe for the game for now however The Bad: Is that this “Trade” is not going to be for a substantial amount of people and this will cause the Unfortunate event of: Many players being retained for any substantial amount of time.

Proposed solutions

Before you comment just know that these are my personal opinion and thoughts on the matter – if you share different ideas or thoughts about the post I would encourage you to be constructive, I love to have conversations about all this

Making Trade global but limiting the amount of times an item can be traded – And if you craft on an item it can no longer be traded – this would also be true with unique items that have had rares smashed into with julra

My answer to that is yes, people would absolutely be happy.

TLDR:
I love LE so much – some of you might know my “King of the squirrels” Video, I dedicated time to this game and was very excited for the future, however with the current plans, unfortunately I can’t see myself playing sadly.

2 Likes

I suspect the imploring people were being sarcastic.

This made me snort. And, I, for one, am going to buckle up, because we all know what’s on the way.

Really? But who wouldn’t want yet-another-thread-giving-an-idea-that’s-remarkably-similar-to-several-others-that-have-been-brought-forth-(no-idea-from-where)-in-the-past?

Good thing there isn’t a aren’t any threads with those kinds of posts in.

4 Likes

I agree with you. At the moment, I am more excited about Diablo 4 (which will be my first delve into that series) than any plans LE has at the moment. My aim is not to provide suggestions on how the developers can improve the game. My point is to simply share what I have been feeling for a long time and most likely others - and I am not certain the developers grasp the extent of this yet. I bought this a while ago and nothing is keeping me from coming back for 10+ minutes even beyond previous big patches. It just get’s boring after a while. I want this game to be amazing and stand out from the other ARPGs but its taking too long. There are the hardcore loyal fans, potential new players but what is being done to retain the current player base?

1 Like

EHG provided many content patches and now they took longer time to bring MP and ”face lift” for about everything.

Before this patch during those ~ 3month cycles of regular patches

I saw complaints about these things

• ”cool we have this new mono, but cant play because bad PERFORMANCE
  • its nice we got new content , but i cant enjoy because bad COMBAT FEEL
  • Its nice game to play but when MULTIPLAYER?
    And so on.

Now they try to tackle those problems and then people are unhappy ” where is our new content?”

I personally want to see that after 0.9.0 patches are gonna flow same phase before this transition to MP +face lifting patch started.

5 Likes

Not everyone wanted, or even cares, about MP…I’m sorry… co-op. But the fact is a huge investment of resources has gone into providing that functionality, hindering development in other aspects.

The devs have already waffled on trade functionality, hiding behind their “anything can change” fine print on the kick starter. It’s a shame they couldn’t do the same with co-op, and instead focus their efforts on the meat and potatoes of the game – content, classes, skills and performance. But alas, here we are…

Yeah. But its not necessarily the exact same people.

And also it’s a hard switch from 4 patches a year to 1. There are reasons for this from the devs perspective. But I cam absolutely see, why people are upset.

2 Likes

Not everyone wants, or even cares about every feature you or anyone else cares about either.

0.9 comes with more than just multiplayer. There are other updates. Have you seen the teasers and such? They’re out there. Did you see all the skill updates during the weekend event? Tons of changes. It’s not just multiplayer. Huge, huge changes to performance. The difference there incredible! Tons of updated VFX. So much more that I couldn’t list half of it if I tried.

It was stated in a steam discussion that they have 70+ pages of internal patch notes to summarize for us. So while it has been a long time, and the big focus of this patch is multiplayer, we are getting a lot more than just multiplayer.

They needed to get this done and working on two clients was hindering them on both sides.

3 Likes

Not having multiplayer in this kind of game would be a death sentence.

multiplayer in arpg? - NO :skull_and_crossbones:
coop? - god damn boi thats what we need to ruin our project and make it ssf :hot_face: :hot_face: for everyone no matter they want from game

It is multiplayer, no need to apologise.

TBF, it’s really not a trivial thing to do if you dont want to nerf drop rates and are happy with the current rate of gear progression.

No, there are some sp arpgs that appear to be doing fine. Plus theres the difference between p2p and closed/dev-hosted servers one could probably argue about. If one were that kind of person. :wink:

You know why we post a lot? To convey to developers that a lot of people have problems with their plan for how trading works in 0.9. I hope everyone makes a thread about it to really get the point across.

3 Likes

And I hope everyone who doesn’t have a problem with it posts as well, to give their feedback on what they like.

That way the get to see the bigger picture overall by having enough data points across the board.

3 Likes

I agree, it’s great we can have open forum discourse.

1 Like

Posting a lot and giving feedback is fine, spamming the forum with new threads because special snowflake, IMO, isn’t. But its not my forum and the devs haven’t merged any of the threads so i giess they’re fine with it.

Therefore, in an effort to enhance the feedback the devs get, i propose that every reply should go into its own thread instead of the same thread as the post that its replying to (with a lonk to the original comment, obviously, I’m not a complete barbarian).

3 Likes

Grim Dawn and Wolcen both focused on those aspects, dropped trade, and both of neither of them are going any farther (with GD being complete to middling sales overall, and Wolcen walking towards a slow death with no playerbase).

1 + 1 = LE is heading in the exact same direction because they got scared by anti-market players…the best things the game has to offer would be exalted in a trade system with limits, but what we’re getting now is playing with your little brother which does f*** all for people who play in larger networks and want to trade with a larger workbase…

…as if being able to play with 4 people and chat to randoms, linking items you’ve found, does any good when someone who wants that item you possibly can’t use also can’t get it because they weren’t hanging around when it appeared, so now it’s relegated to shards and the other person is back to grinding hundreds of hours for a chance at something similar…

1 Like

Or, even better, post as an answer in a thread, AND later copy/paste the exact same post as a new thread. Best of both world!

1 Like

There is post, and post.

Allow me to take Macknum as an example: he posted more than anyone about trade, and is very passionate about it, but he always tried to take all the arguments, from all sides, into accounts, and bring new ideas to the table.
This is absolutely fine, and useful.

Posting the exact same thing again and again just gets annoying and, in my opinion, doesn’t achieve anything.
I suspect the OP of this thread hasn’t even bothered reading the rest of the forum (or they would know their “idea” has already been idead countless times). You can’t really have a debate if people just repeat the same argument while ignoring completely what the other side has to say.

[For the record, I personally don’t give a hoot about trade. I love PoE, and sometimes trade there; I also love Grim Dawn, but never traded anything (don’t even know if we can). Trade, no trade, it is not going to have the slightest effect on how much I enjoy the game. Just to point out that not everybody cares about it.]

3 Likes

Oh, is this “rate my posts” here? And what category is your post then? Post or post?

Yeah, you got it. Then why do you so often act as if it was?

2 Likes