Lay Off The Crack Pipe EHG

You have 3 unique pieces of gear for falconry, that all give 1-4 skill points, the bow possibly granting +12 total alone. On the other hand you have a pair of gloves that give +1 to Swipe, and a chest plate that turns your werebear white. … I wonder why some classes feel better than others??

Playing swipe werebear to 100 was absolute torture, and I had no option, because swipe is LOCKED! I honestly felt like moving on to another game, but I had to give something else a try. I decided to try this falcon everyone talks about and what a friggin difference. No pun, I litterally flew threw all content with ease.

IMO, you guys are absolute crack smoking idiots. Why are you making post about nerfing some bug that’s making classes overperform? When you guys are blatantly making items that do just that.

7 Likes

This has been addressed multiple times. But for the time being they’re only addressing bugs mid-cycle. Expect overall balance changes when the game releases.

Though Long term I agree with this strategy.
Short term not so much, especially if you have the staff that is capable to just start going nuts with item/skill tweaks.

Problem is this game has had a lengthy beta/alpha stage where just that should have been taking place so Idk man. So many skills are bugged / underperforming for non empowered monoliths.

2 Likes

Swipe Werebear is very underwhelming to me, it’s very average until I went low-life (ward) and required me to use many uniques to make it “okay”-ish. It’s just not as great compared to other melee skills.

Aside from under-peforming skills that SERIOUSLY needs buff. Unique items MUST be looked onto as well. Also the very-outdated skill nodes that looks/sounds “cool” or “unique” on paper but very impractical to use and makes you wonder why these even exists.

Really hope we get a massive changes to old uniques and skill nodes next cycle.

3 Likes

You need some sunlight and grass in your life homie.

2 Likes

Yes I do. The difference is, I won’t wait a cycle (or years) to address this issue.

Edit: There’s currently 2 feet of snow, I can’t see grass.

5 Likes

The best part of this post, is swipe werebear is actually pretty good as far as builds go LOL

Thats just how disgustingly tuned falconer is.

1 Like

Falconer doesn’t need that bow to be strong, or any other Falconer uniques, for that matter.

True, and True. I just leveled up a falconer, and in twink gear, she is easily destroying content 200 corruption higher than bear. … Honeslty, just let me proc EQ or Nado on swipe, and bear would feel 10x better. All the friggin uniques are for spriggion form as well, like brah, I dont wanna play as the Tree in an ARPG.

1 Like

Wow, another trash class to mention. Don’t bother with judgment pally either, even with the gloves. The only way to generate mana is to invest in Mana Regen on literally every piece of gear since there’s no mana on block, or hit, or when hit. You can spec into a node that allows you to use other attacks to generate mana, but its useless and completely cucks your build.

Why is there HP on block affix, but no Mana on block? Is mana gen really that OP or CrackPipe?

Edit: Pious offering and urgent inquisition nodes on the judgment tree need to be swapped. Let me make the choice to consume more mana for damage. Its current state is torture, and dying is probably a faster way to regenerate the mana at this point.

The Sentinel passive tree has Time and Faith passive node granting health and mana when using Rive, Vengeance, Smite, or Multistrike as well as “Mana Gained when you use Vengeance and hit at least one enemy” affix. Both are great but I’m only using the Time and Faith node and it’s more than enough.

absolutely true, and for many other masteries as well. what’s mind boggling to me is that this game spent a huge amount of time in early access and this should have been polished to a shine. instead we release with most masteries severely underperforming (or some severely overperforming - who knows what their benchmark corruption is).

it’s not a good sign that the two masteries they release last minute are the ones which are overtuned - tells me they don’t have a good grasp on balance, and now they’ve stated as a design philosphy that they won’t tune masteries mid-cycle. that’s a joke in and of itself

that’s rich coming from the goober who replies to every thread on the forum

No offense, but i tried, and that node is trash. I currently run Judgment, Shield Rush, HH, Sigil, and Holy Aura. Dropping any of those feels bad, and using those other attacks uninvested is an absolute joke. It also conflicts with itself. There’s no other reason to take Urgent Inquisition other than to remove judgment CD and basically spam it, so having to use another attack to generate mana is absolute jank.

Amen brother. I’m all for major changes mid cycle in the games current state. The game still needs so much and the priority should be to implement these changes, not postpone for some arbitrary cycle change.

I’m anxiously awaiting the “What, you want this game to become a Doing Damage with the Skills you Like Simulator!?!?!?!” crowd to come along and bear you senseless.

1 Like

Everyone knows. They’ve said repeatedly that their aim is 300 corruption. It’s also mentioned in almost all threads about balance issues.
So we currently have a few overperforming masteries, along with a few underperforming ones.

For a really long time the dev team was composed of just a few people. There wasn’t enough staff to do everything. If they spent the time to “polish to a shine”, we wouldn’t have factions and all masteries.

Balance is complicated, which is why no ARPG managed it. Not even PoE with all the years they mess around with it. Not even D4 with very limited options.

Which is the standard practice in almost all ARPGs (certainly in all the top ones) and also what the community wants, as per the survey results.

5 Likes

The most frustrating thing about the new masteries being so overtuned is that the old classes have had 300+ corruption builds for years, so the devs think that’s “good enough” but anyone who has been playing these builds before release are bored of them and want something new. Now they see the shiny new masteries and what could be if the devs paid more attention to providing more synergy between the skill nodes and unique equipment and are wishing they could have that kind of attention. All anyone needs to do is compare the Summon Bear skill-tree with the Falconry skill-tree to see just how bland and boring the Bear tree looks.

There’s nothing wrong with waiting for the minion skills to get a glow-up and saying “it’s fine, I don’t need to buy the game just right now,” but hurling insults at the devs and saying they’re on crack or don’t give a crap about the players or don’t know anything about anything, I mean, what does those kind of comments do for anyone?

I am agreeing to the max that it would be really nice if the devs could provide a layout to a reworked Primalist / Shaman passives / trees as a teaser, even if the changes don’t go online until the next cycle or whatever people call the next major patch; just because pre-release builds can reach the vaulted 300 corruption doesn’t mean that people are going to have fun playing those classes.

1 Like

First off, is that a sentence or paragraph? Lol… To be real, the crack pipe thing is supposed to be antagonizing. Also being able to see some of these major issues as a stoner, makes me wonder what they must be smoking? Daggers should not be the most optimal way to play Marksman lol (although fun). Maelstrom procing on swipe is redundant/useless/boring. Not having mana is not having fun.

Im not really mad, or being hateful. I think the devs have made a game ripe with potential and i’ve been having fun playing. But when you are constantly hitting walls with boring builds it gets frustrating.

Edit: They have a node that will turn healing hands into a traversal skill, but no option to turn judgment into traversal. Common wtf are you smokinG? Or are they afraid of pretty much making it conc path from POE?

For sure, it’s that for every attempt at reasonable feedback, I see 5 discord messages / Youtube comments / review bombs that are outright abusive.

An additional frustrating thing is that in order for the devs to see how bad some synergies are, you have to play the builds in question and clearly outline the problems, only for the gameplay to be so tedious and dull that you give up halfway through cause it’s simply not fun, but then the devs get no data on how to actually make the builds fun and exciting. Thus causing a negative feedback loop where nobody provides feedback and the devs do nothing because they don’t know what to do.

1 Like

The issue is, as players we are not paid to beta test and there is a plethora of issues. Things like “enemies kill threshold” should include bosses, they are not my ally nor friend. If I was paid to tell them that, I would be more inclined to mince words. Maybe saying they smoke crack is a bit insulting, but so is telling players the game is no longer in beta.

Because they don’t want to make mana a non-issue to the point where high cost skills can be spammed. Not CrackPipe.

Multiplayer took a lot of resources to add. Then they added the factions & remaining masteries, those have taken up the majority of their time since 0.8.

Then you’re doing it wrong. You don’t even need to hit anything.

That’s the choice you’re making, to skip active mana generation in favour of passive regen. Unspec’d skills would be bad if you were using them for damage, but you’re not, you’d be using them to generate mana to use your big skills. Plus there’s Volatile Reversal.

I’m curious what you’re using HH for though, Judgement is your main DPS skill, Shield Rush is your movement, Sigil & Holy Aura are buffs, but what’s HH for? Healing? Movement?

They do.

4 Likes