"Latest" filter not displaying bug forum posts

I’m not surprised that the “Latest” forum filter doesn’t show any posts from the bug or tech support parts of the forum, but on my phone (a galaxy j3 I think) the counter for the “Latest” filter does. So sometimes it’ll say “Latest (1)”, but there not be any unread posts on the subsequent list because that 1 is in either the bug or tech support section of the forum.

Interesting…

I’m not discounting your conjecture, but I’ve some of my own. The forum’s a little inconsistent in how it treats edits to existing posts - if I hadn’t responded and you edited this post an hour after first submitting it, it’d be back to the top of the list with Activity back at ‘1m’.

I think what might be going on here is that the most recent post of a thread is being edited, and the timestamp of its most recent activity is thus being reset. When that occurs, the forum acts as if there’s been activity (there has been) but has no new posts to show you.

Posts which have been edited are marked as such - there’s an orange pencil icon to the immediate left of the post’s timestamp, which you can mouse over to view the time of the edit. The next time this happens, if you remember, could you see if it can be explained by an edit?

I’ve just checked and can confirm that the pencil icon shows up on the phone layout.

I tested this on a Samsung Galaxy A50.

Yes, that is distinctly possible, I do see the edit icon on posts and seen that they get pushed to the top of the list though I hadn’t thought that that might be what’s happening.

I had it happen again just now. The “latest” filter said there were still 3 items unread despite the filtered list not containing any unread threads, but when I went to the bug forum and read through all of the unread posts there then went back to the main bit of the forum, the “latest” filter no longer said there were 3 unread items. Therefore the main forum “latest” filter has to be counting some of the bug threads (probably the ones I’ve already either read some of the posts in or posted in) no?

Added this to the sticky thread.

Unfortunately it’s unlikely we’ll be able to spend much time on this before Patch 0.8.

1 Like

That’s fine, it’s not a big thing, it’s just slightly annoying.