Last Epoch Trade Survey

That’s not quite right, unless the bots are being directed by an ai, they’re being told what to do by a player. What you mean is that some few players have more sway over how the market acts than most. That’s not the same as saying it’s nolonger player directed.

They’ve already made that change in the most recent patch.

That’s just unrestricted trade with extra steps (having to be on a friends list).

Hey Mike, although this isn’t wrong I wanted to clarify something as a person that wants trade. I don’t want a very simple, no RNG, 100% sure way to get the item I want. I rather want my RNG to be useful in the way I want. When I need a very specific item, not only that I need to drop a low drop rate item but also that item needs to be the item that I want. As an example, suppose there are 2 highly sought after boss drops. I need one of those for a build I want to try. I can end up with only getting the one I don’t want due to bad RNG. And if I have no intention to use that one, it is only gonna cause frustration. If there is trade, either of the drops will make me happy, I will get the adrenaline rush even when it is the one I don’t want because it is a valuable item and I can trade it for the other. Hope this makes sense.

3 Likes

or you can just run a couple of monoliths then go and buy that item you want? Would it be ‘adrenaline rush’? Gold drops from everywhere you just play and it is piling up. You don’t do anything special for it. You can run easiest content. There’s no feeling of ‘achievment’ when you just go and buy an item you want. Imo that’s simply boring.
In PoE there’s very rare currency like Divine orb, mirror. That is sought-after and I feel excited when they drop but gold… it is dull

I just wanted to add in that you guys are doing math all wrong.

If it takes 500 hours to get X item, wouldn’t it be worth 500 hours of gold?

Noone in their right mind would sell it any cheaper

3 Likes

500h worth of gold farming has a very clear and defined way of completing. You feel you aren’t wasting your time grinding away. 500h of a single drop can easily become 1000h with bad RNG or 50h with amazing RNG.

2 Likes

Yea, that’s what I was talking about in the next line after that. Here:

6 Likes

Not trying to get involved in this massive post of craziness going nowhere, was only trying to point out that everyone states people would be selling the 500 hour item for a couple of monolith runs.

This just wouldn’t happen? Maybe a noob might find the 500 hours item in 5 hours and sell it, but then whoever bought it would raise the price to 500 hours of gold.

Just examples… I don’t know of anyone actually stupid enough to sell the 500 hour item for something they can get themselves after a couple of monolith runs.

EDIT: to reply to what you said, I do like that idea. If I farm for 500 hours and I still don’t have it, I can take that 500 hours of gold and go buy it.

Feel less like a losing battle going uphill

1 Like

This doesn’t make sense though. First of all you are making the assumption that “just run couple monos” will end up with being the same value. Why would it be? Similar with other gold drops, why do you think that people won’t adjust prices of highly sought after items? That doesn’t make sense to me at all. Any way to “farm” that specific item will end up being close in terms of effort because that is how a free market works. If there is a better way to farm, majority will start doing that and balance the market again. So unless I am missing your point, I don’t see an issue there.

Because with trading it would be more profitable just farm GOLD not specific items. Dropping gold from monsters is not exciting at all at least to me.

Grinding currency doesn’t have the the effect that you are wasting your time. Grinding a rare item that may or may not drop within 500h does. If you need to grind 500h to buy an item, that means you have a clear goal of obtaining it with 100% certainty. BDO does that, you need months of grinding for a single upgrade, but at the end of the day, you know you are getting it and don’t rely on lottery favorable RNG for it.

5 Likes

and then what 's the point in doing higher endgame content? Gold drops from everywhere. Why you even need items? To do Julra t4? But why? You already bought all items that can drop there. You just do low lvl monos non-stop and you are geared in BiS gear. Ok but then what? No incentive to do high difficulty content at all.

More gold?

This is such a bad take. Everyone with even a minimal experience in a trade economy game knows that item progression is gradual. You don’t simply farm the bare minimum zones and end up with the best gear.

1 Like

But in lower monos you can run them faster and get same ammount of gold for the time spent

Take PoE for example. There’s no gold. You farm currency. But currency drop ( I mean really valuable one) is not a constant flow like gold. You can run 2 day and not drop a single Divine Orb. So you need to farm good uniques , craft items etc. With gold you just play whatever you want and the ammount of gold you have will STEADILY increase.

It kind of is.

Yeah, if you are doing yellow and white maps…

Can you please stop being silly? End game PoE farming is calculated with divines/map.

Dont call me silly please. I didn’t insult you. No offense plz. I just don’ like your paradigm ‘gold can buy any item you want’.

Gold is just that a currency. It don’t matter what a currency is called. If a civilisation uses choped of beaver heads (no animals were harmed for this example!) then they use them but it’s still a currency at the end of the day. Calling it divine orb, chaos orb or gold isn’t changing the fact that it’s still a currency.

I’m always baffeled how PoE is twisting words to make people belive that they changed the wheel by changing the words in the description while saying the same stuff that was always there.

Farming a currency isn’t easier then farming an item… it can be for sure because with enough time you can farm billions of gold on a level 10 map. Most speedfarmers simply make the content they can farm the fastest with meaningfull drops and that’s most likely never that easy content.
On top of that someone who is target farming items still passivly generates the same currency so there is no downside to it besides the one people make up when they compare droprates with currency aquisation… that’s all in your head because at the end of the day you don’t even realise a stranger bought an item you’ve never seen from someone you don’t know existed.

It’s just the same old cycle with the same old arguments.

1 Like

But you don’t see the difference? Gold drops from every single mob. Divine orbs are much much more rare. So when Divine Orb drops there’s a moment of excitement for a player. When a plie of gold drops there’s none

I play the builds that get the most out of the items that dropped. A hunt is fun if you get what you aim for. I do not know any hunters that go out hunting all the time and come back without anything to show for it after 1200 hours of hunting. They move on to another hobby.

If stuff doesn’t drop then I will lose desire to play which I am on the edge of doing with this very game. The droprates are pathetic for some items. If this doesn’t change since there is no trade (I really do not care about trading) then droprates need increased on some items badly. I am waiting for the next patch and want to see how droprates are handled. If the droprates are not changed or barely changed after next patch, I will be out and move on to the next game.

Diablo 3 Season 28 is soon then Diablo 4 Beta is right around the corner and then Diablo 4 launch.