Last Epoch Trade Survey

I’m really trying to understand and summarize sentiments around trading from various points of view with more specific and accurate wording.

I’m wondering how this sounds to people that are generally wanting to have trade.

Major problems with not having trade:
No finite progression track that you can slowly but surely work towards completing to receive a specific item.
Finding a rare but not useful to you item feels bad because you can’t do anything with it.

7 Likes

If I read this, I could totally think of a salvaging them, that give you currency/shards when you salvage items and then there would be another new mechanic, where you could deterministically get new items.

With such a system you would get value out of unwanted items
And turn them into new items that you want.

1 Like

Not what I was going for but yea that hits a lot of those notes.

1 Like

The inability to share items between friends and the lack of a way of targeted farming. As much as people trying to gaslight me, there is no way to target farm gear, outside boss uniques. Exalted items are completely random and the rare uniques have abysmal drop rate.
However, I want to emphasize that I don’t care about the Legendary items being tradable or not. To me Legendary items have no unique stats, that are absolutely required for a build to function. They are just a bonus to an already existing item.

Yes I know, I just wanted to demonstrate, that they are several ways/systems to achieve the same/simialr goals.

That is always why I am asking question to people to find out, what exactly they want and what they want to avoid

That is why I also think the survey does a great job in finding that out for EHG.

I would still prefer a non-trading solution approach to all these issues.
But lets see where this goes.

2 Likes

This was an attempt to articulate

a little differently that might help understand it a bit better.

1 Like

I think this isn’t mathematically accurate. To say that RNG has the chance to be “infinite” (i.e., you never get said item) isn’t really born out in the math. That said, having any sort of “determinism” towards getting a specific item means that, in the end, item acquisition isn’t really random.

You can argue that someone has to “suffer” the RNG of that super rare item, only to then decide they don’t want it (!!!) and offer it for trade for some form of currency which was deterministically gathered. And therefore, RNG was satisfied. But again, to be clear, if that results in said rare item being more common amongst the player-base, then the Dev’s intention of having the item be rare has been circumvented, and the Devs have to reduce the Drop Rate.

Trading is self-defeating. It always has been.

1 Like

I would argue that your two favorite items also don’t have any real unique stats.

Orian’s Eye and Ravenous Void are just glorified DR Stat Sticks.
Yes they give their DR/Defensive properties through somewhat “unique” ways, but at the end they don’t really change that much in your build, except stat budget.

2 Likes

Could you clarify what you mean by this? Are you saying you cannot enjoy the game if you don’t have easy access to extremely powerful gear? You can absolutely “enjoy builds” without completely minmaxed endgame gear, but this reads as if you believe otherwise.

Kids are expensive, mine will be out of college just as I am getting ready to retire. If I want I can work a few more years just banking money.

Our mortgage should be paid for as well. Best of luck. You are an accountant, so you have a step up.

1 Like

Yeah, they are just best in slot for almost all builds. Nothing too special though.

I never said easy access to gear. I have put in 1200 hours worth of my time into this game. From 1200 hours of worth of playtime, from my point of view the droprates are awful.

If I play a build, I want to enjoy it to the fullest. With no trade, I could not care less about, droprates need VASTLY improved. This is especially true if they intend to do seasons.

I do not want another PoE with awful droprates. I do not like PoE at all for some reasons and that is one of them.

Was the FAQ updated to match new information, or was #2 originally included in the July '21 post? I can’t remember.

1. What will the trade system be like?
    Our current plans regarding the trade system are still a work in progress and have been altered since information about the previously planned Bazaar system had been released. More information will be released in 2022.
  2. Will players be able to give their friends items?
    If they were playing together in the same party when the item dropped they will be able to gift one another the item.
  3. Will players be able to link Items in chat?
    Yes.
  4. Are you changing loot drop rates or crafting because of multiplayer?
    Perhaps. But if so, not drastically. We want the drop rates to be mainly balanced around self-found and feel we are doing a decent job of this right now. Because of the way the trade system is planned to work we don’t believe this will throw off the balance of the item hunt drastically.

Thank you for clarifying.

Having build-enabling uniques/items be more accessible (such as smite on hit idols) is something I absolutely agree with. However, there still needs to be chase.

Having a small number of exceptionally rare items (like ravenous void) to aspire for is a good thing. I also think 4LP being practically unobtainable on higher level uniques is fine.

If they can find a way to allow for easier access of build enabling (not chase) gear while simultaneously keeping very rare drops exciting, that would be ideal.

(I don’t think trade is the answer for that, but I don’t want to get into another trade discussion right now.)

It’s possible it’s just not probable.

I’m not senior enough to be obscenely well paid & I’m not career-focussed enough to be particularly senior.

I may be the only one , but my problem is not included there. I don’t need surety nor care about finding something valuable I can’t or don’t want to use , for me is having to repeat the same content many times because there is loot that only exist in bosses loot tables.
I want trade to be able to buy something after I’m bored of repeating the same activity, so I can go and continue enjoying the game doing something different.

5 Likes

and I have played 10,000+ hours :slight_smile:
Look. To figure out whether players like to trade or not, just look at the numbers on:

• server (leagues) with trading: 99%
  • solo players: about 1%

If our beloved LE is left without open trading, will it develop? No! Because the absolute majority of players (tens of thousands, not 1-2%) want to trade freely.

I think the solution is simple:
a) make servers for solo players (1% so what, they are also fans of the game)
b) who wants to play and interact ONLY with their friends: rents a server (his own world) and plays there only with his friends, without trading and external interactions
c) everyone else (90%+ people) play in the same world during the league, trading is free

Soooo = everyone is fine, everyone is happy.
One game, everyone loves it and no one quarrels. Right? right. The same approach is used by many other projects, including PoE. And yes, it is thanks to the leagues with open trade that this game has gained such wild popularity among the masses. The online numbers speak for themselves: the vast majority like to interact with all the players where they want, when they want, without any restrictions. It’s just a fact.

Instead of urging developers not to add free trade at all, maybe you will start thinking not only about yourself? Most players are FOR TRADING. Let’s call on the developers together to make different game modes so everyone can have a good time!

(I apologize for my English. I translate through a translator)

Here! Here it is a problem on the face = the chance of things falling out. No one wants to farm one monolith for months in order to knock out 1 thing. It’s boring and tedious. Especially if leagues are introduced. I want to try several builds in time, and not quit my job and family in order to find a couple of things for just one build.
It is probably worth not only adding various game modes that take into account the interests of the players. But it’s also trite to raise the chance of things falling out.

1 Like
  1. Can you provide a source for this information?
  2. Can you tell me how many people go to the trade league for reasons other than trade?
1 Like

If you’re basing an argument around completely imaginary statistics, you probably don’t have a good argument to begin with.

Operating under the assumption that you must completely min-max a build before moving onto a different one is going to only cause frustration and burnout.