Last Epoch Patch Notes 1.1.6 & Hotfix 1.1.6.1

Changes

Controller

• Turning is now allowed while casting skills, even if you cannot move, by pointing the left stick to the direction you want to turn.
  • When using a controller the Radial Menu now opens when pressing the assigned button once, instead of holding the button. It can be closed by pressing the button again.
  • Fixed Sanctuary of Eterra UI Panel not working with controllers.
  • Opening the Inventory on controller now highlights the last active location.
  • Added fixes for navigating the factions UI while using a controller.
  • Fixed collision issues when navigating the Shattered Road.
  • Improved map panning with controller. Map will now pan slower when zoomed in and faster when zoomed out. No change at default zoom level.

UI Changes

• Fixed Item Tooltip position when hovering over items on the ground.
  • Fixed a bug where if the player clicked on an item within pickup range they would move to that itemā€™s location after picking it up.
  • Fixed a bug that would stop you from moving when clicking a button over items dropped in the world.
  • Updated Blessing swap confirmation to only play the animation if changing to a new Blessing.
  • Fixed a bug where the Blessing panel could still be interacted with after confirming a selection.
  • Fixed an issue where loot labels could be displayed too large.
  • Fixed an issue where the ā€œDisplay Damage Numbersā€ settingā€™s UI checkbox would not visually toggle on, even though it was actually updating the setting.
  • Removed Waypoint indicator from the Graveyard location on the World Map. This location never had a Waypoint.
  • Fixed an issue where the map pan speed was not matching the mouse movement speed when zoomed in or out.
  • Fixed some overlap issues with Circle of Fortune prophecy stars.

Bug Fixes

Forgotten Knight Faction

• Fixed Forgotten Knight Faction data loss bug which would occur when a formerly hardcore character dies.
    • This fix unfortunately does not restore the previously lost data however the team is looking into ways to address this separately and has a log of all affected players. We will update players when this fix has been deployed.
  • Fixed a bug where the Rank 7 bonus from Forgotten Knights was not granting additional Corruption per Gaze of Orobyss.
  • Fixed a bug where Forgotten Knights faction could be progressed despite not meeting the Corruption requirement when killing a Harbinger. This could happen if an alt character killed a level 90 Timeline Harbinger to join the faction and that Timeline had not yet been done previously.

Monoliths, Arenas, Dungeons

• Fixed cases where Arenas would not advance to the next wave.
  • Fixed several Objective and Shrine spawner issues in many Monolith zones and added spawners to fix bugs or improve the play experience of these zones.
    • Added Patrol Objective spawners in Imperial Barren Slums, Imperial Warcamp and Imperial Boreal Forest.
    • Added more Shrine spawn points to Bloodworks, Festering Sewers, and Hidden Oasis.
    • Added more Boss Objective spawn points to Haunted Reef.
    • Fixed several issues in Lightless Pits and Jagged Outskirts.
    • Fixed Patrol Objective spawners in Serpentine Desert and Willow Marsh.
    • Fixed Patrol spawners in the Burning Forest and Festering Sewers.
    • Fixed several Spire and Player spawn points in Forgotten Graves.
    • Removed Solarum Ascent and Canyon Stronghold from the Monolith pool as the designs were old and no longer fit our Monolith standards. Weā€™re making new zones with similar aesthetics to replace them.
  • Void Spires no longer spawn enemies.
    • Spires stop targeting the player when they have not been in combat for a short time, so these Void Spires spawning enemies would often create a situation where it was impossible for the Spire to stop targeting the player.
  • Fixed an issue where the Temple Guardian in the Monolith got attacked by other enemies.
  • Fixed an issue where the totems during Gaspar Husk fight were registered as allies.
  • Fixed an issue where Idols in Void Harton encounter would incorrectly show where their abilities are coming from.

General

• Adjusted Nemesis functionality: If a Nemesis dies after you have died and there are no other living players in the area, it wont drop its items. This is so it can be fought again in the future to obtain those items.
  • Fixed a bug where enemies killed by Lightning Bolts from Unbalanced Scale node in Smite had an incorrect on hit and death VFX.
  • Improved performance for several VFX and ailments.
  • Fixed an issue where having too high attack speed could cause Flurry to skip attacks.
  • Fixed an issue where using a Rune of Ascendance would consume the assigned glyph.
  • Fixed a bug where the upgrade button in the Forge would not show up for a certain shard when using the Rune of Refinement.
  • Fixed an issue where the Doom Pulses from Celestial Doom unique staff could sometimes be destroyed by ground colliders.
  • Fixed an issue where some eggs in The Coral Pools during the ā€œTo Shell With Itā€ quest were not interactable.
  • Fixed an issue where MTX weapon skins could be rotated the wrong way on the character.
  • Fixed a bug where some visuals would display over the Bulwark of Ruin cosmetic shield

Hotfix 1.1.6.1

• Fixed an issue where the Coral Pools zone could fail to load
12 Likes

Well, letā€™s see if the click issue was indeed fixed.

Nice to see the Nemesis fix, but I think a larger fix is needed for losing items in general. It feels terrible to lose a drop because you died after killing a monster, but couldnā€™t get the item before dying. The Nemesis ground effects made this happen a decent amount. Is there no way to make instances persist until a limited number of portals are used or something? Kind of like Path of Exile.

1 Like

Or just send the missed items to you in town.

3 Likes

That would be an option too, but then it might just send everything that you left on the ground as well haha. Maybe they could figure something out. I just know straight up losing loot like that in an ARPG feels terrible.

Pro tip: donā€™t die.

Consider it a joke. I couldnā€™t resist :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank god.

Hopefully in future we also get option to not show confirmation at all since itā€™s pretty useless when you can just change blessings in town.

4 Likes

Yup, itā€™s fixed.

gj on this one @EHG

1 Like

Excellent to hear! It was driving me mad :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Great list of fixes, some of these were really irritating, even though they werenā€™t game-breaking.

1 Like

This patch broke controller support for non-melee builds.
It is now impossible for any ranged, non continuous ability to hit enemies that are not at max range.

ā€œPoint and clickā€ skills like Ice Claw and Frost Wall now always cast at max range regardless of having enemies at melee range and no enemies far away.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad you said it 'cause it makes me look like less of an arsehole.

1 Like

As someone who has lost more items this way than Iā€™d care to admit, thank you.

An alternative someone mentioned would be making them drop on respawn, but I have a hunch that due to the technical limitations of how the echoes are hosted, thatā€™s not possible (or would need something developed to support it).

Regardless, Iā€™m grateful to have another shot at Nemesis items at the very least :slight_smile:

1 Like

The best solution is to immediately terminate all abilities originating from the nemesis when it dies. I suppose this wouldnā€™t help in the case where the player is already debuffed by a damaging ailment, but ground effects and stuff should instantly disappear.

Defeats the purpose of a death penalty.

Losing loot when u die is LE death penalty.

This also isnt borderlands.

1 Like

Another hotfix incoming for the broken ranged attacks on controller sometime soon?

1 Like

The team are aware and looking into this, if you experience it please submit an In Game Bug Report listing the skills youā€™ve notice are no longer working correctly!

1 Like

Seen it myself on Spirit Plague (Torment Warlock build)

Iā€™ll start testing different skills and submit an in-game bug for each one i notice not working

2 Likes

Love this! Made navigation on controller much nicer. I had actually bound S, P, I, and F to my Steam Decks back triggers because the radial menu was annoying to use.

Now we just need controller support on the main menu. Currently I have to ā€œmouseā€ over ā€œOfflineā€ or ā€œExit Gameā€

But the point was that the mob died after you did, and still dropped his loot.

2 Likes