Last Epoch Patch 1.0.2 Notes

This is how I feel, as well.
I can accept a fiasco at launch and for cycle 1 as long as I believe something is coming down the road.

Unfortunately cycle 1 is also getting into “You only get one chance to make a first impression” territory. If they don’t use this time to absolutely nail the balancing, they’re going to have a huge perception problem going forward.**

And based on their stances with leaderboards and bugs, I do wonder about cycles going forward, they aren’t giving me a lot of confidence.

** Nailing the balancing actually won’t be that hard. This game offers many good to great playable (and fun!) builds with no need to use guides. But there’s over powered and then there’s OVERPOWERED, and they need to address that decisively.
On a scale of 1 to 10, you can nerf a 12 class down to a 9 and it’s not really a nerf. [Won’t stop people from complaining, though.]

6 Likes

Yeah - it’s sad to see that they didn’t think this through and now risking everything for such a stupid reason.

Maybe they think it’s just a small problem - but this is a huge trust issue for the community - especially for coming cycles and the reputation of EHG’s decisionmaking.

Didn’t they see how much the previous 4 years of decisionmaking stabilized them through the shitstorm of the release? Have fun to hold that through next time when people ain’t backing up what you seem to not have seen coming.

This is mismanagement on current blizzard niveau - look how they massacred my boy

1 Like

wdym u cant farm gold in CoF what are these reactions man holy shit…i do a few runs in emp monolith and i got few hundred k’s gold just play the game.

4 Likes

Removing the option of farming gold via arena keys is an interesting way to “unburden” us. Yeah having the option of going for gold instead of items is horrible, i do indeed hate options. Thanks for removing that burden. >.>

3 Likes

When will we get a fix for Wraithlord not being usable in co-op when party members have their own minions?

2 Likes

but if it is a bug? Suppose a node by mistake gives 20000% dmg instead of 20% (just a typo in the code) shouldn’t the devs fix it? players have to know they gonna abuse a bug and not complain later

How do you make money now in Cof? So the vault from Lightless Arbor can be removed for Cof player right?

1 Like

I just dont know how do yall not see how your current stance is horrible for long term health of the game. you will nerf the keys, because it was causing an issue. I understand and respect that.

However, what I cannot stand by is that you wont use that logic for clearly broken abilitys/skills. I am sorry, but I now feel like if I am not playing warlock because of the broken profane veil I am wasting my time. I lost my desire to log in this morning, as sad as that may sound. But it is things like this that can make or break a game. Something that can drive people away that may never come back.

Do you want to focus on just pleasing people who just go by the ‘exploit early, exploit often’ mentality? Just put stuff out and shrug when you have broken interactions and say you will fix it later? Meanwhile during that time if you arent abusing it you are effectively that much worse off

5 Likes

Don’t you earn it the same way you earn the stuff for the other faction, by just playing? I don’t know, I haven’t tried the Merchant side.

Just fix the damn player health bar for offline characters already, it’s so annoying and unplayable…

1 Like

+1 Agree.

Overall a good patch, but not fixing an obvious unintended interaction between two skills isn’t good for the game. I would be better to fix the bug, and then re-balance the skill next cycle.

Now it feels pretty cheap to do any content, and you have to avoid using that set-up if you’re having a feeling of “cheating”.

I’m for changes mid-cycle, when it comes to bugs. Go for it!

6 Likes

Agreeing with the general sentiment. I respect not wanting to nerf builds mid cycle but builds shouldn’t be based around a bugged interaction and having the leader boards completely dominated by bug exploiting builds is even worse.

On a separate note please save the dogs. The fury leap/summon wolf interaction makes beastmaster wolf/squirrel builds nearly unplayable. Having to leap twice at the start of every echo get tedious very quickly and made me drop the build entirely.

1 Like

+1
Exploits/bugs must be fixed in any case

10 Likes

Fixing stuff that is SEVERELY OP or exploited is def something to address ASAP. Not to nerf them into the ground, but actually making their strength reasonable. Need to buff some CoF drop rates and stuff something needs boosting on CoF now this is horrible. Not a good patch…

8 Likes

how about dancing with shadows ? in dive bomb it does zero damage and respeccing isnt a solid fix for it

can you all stop crying about how to make gold now as CoF holy shit, play the game for once gold is so easy to get is unreal how people cry about it now cause their some how only income got nerfed poehoe

1 Like

Like if you wanna nerf keys, say you wanna nerf keys, don’t call it removing a burden you know? Just be honest pls

They will fix it when they do their balance patch, but they won’t change the Leaderboards.

If there’s no Leaderboards, why do I care what people are exploiting or when it gets fixed, as long as all the other classes and builds are fun and playable? This isn’t a PvP game or e-sport.

But if you’re going to offer Leaderboards, don’t you need to offer integrity for the boards rather than having everyone running the 20000% damage build?

So I mostly agree with you…

I’m of the opinion that you should be making more straight up balance changes when the game is “new”. Waiting 3-4 months on every kind of balance change when there are super clear outliers is the wrong stance to have.

It “forces” players to play these OP builds, and thus limiting the amount of build options that are available in players mind. But yea, i think having more balance changes in a first and second cycle when the game is new and players try different things is something you should do. And then we can get a better balanced cycle earlier. Instead of having balance changes lag behind for such a long time.

6 Likes

Ouch, thats a pretty huge mid-cycle nerf to CoF favour gain with the tomes. Its already leagues behind MG :confused:

2 Likes