Last Epoch Patch 1.0.2 Notes

Spoiler alert. It’s not enough.

warlok dot construction is not working correctly, lots of bugs, including items not working as they should…

Yeah this part makes no sense. They aren’t dealing with the obvious abuse cases that leave the ladder in shambles and actual hardcore not being truly hardcore because of how broken certain stuff is… but they go for removing this?

19 Likes

To say this is disappointing would be an understatement…

We won’t fix bugs that allow people to go farm at 2k+ corruption but we’re nerfing everyone else’s legitimate way to farm money and favor.

31 Likes

I love the stance that nothing will be balanced mid-cycle, however, the game is in a pretty wonky state right now where there are more bugs than builds. I wouldn’t mind kind of throwing out the integrity/enjoyability of this cycle for some people just to hammer out all the bugs related to builds, so that an actual idea of balance can be made for next cycle’s balance pass.

I am okay either way with or without fixes THIS cycle just because it’s cycle one and it released in a pretty buggy, nonsensical state.

14 Likes

I diededed inside.

16 Likes

EHG this is a mistake. These builds are not out preforming others due to unbalanced issues or optimized builds/items right now. There are people abusing these bugs to push arena and top corruption. That is not fair for anyone else that does not use this OP bugged builds. Especially when you guys have a ladder system. Bugs need to be fixed…

27 Likes

ACCESSIBILITY FIX FROM THE PATCH TODAY!

Require players to manually click to transition scenes during the campaign

Thanks guys! One accessibility fix at a time is FINE! BY! ME!

3 Likes

Warlocks and falconers needs to be addressed as a whole. They are causing a lot of damage in terms of variety. Everybody and their mom is playing those 2 right now bc the. Are insanely broken and take no skill to play at all.

3 Likes

Game is a clownfiesta, bugs should be fixed period. Also if u think fixing current warlock ward abuse is a nerf u really dont understand the game, since they will still get 50k+ ward easily, if u think thats weak i dont even know what to say honestly

19 Likes

I don’t mind being patient, but I really hope more significant changes are being developed for controller. Little niche bug fixes are not going to move the needle far enough for me. I would love to hear some clarification on what the team is thinking and planning for controller support moving forward, just so I know whether to get my hopes up or not.

1 Like

that wont stop, warlock’s unhealthy interaction with bone prison stays

2 Likes

Not wanting to pull the rug out from under people is understandable, but if something isn’t functioning properly then it isn’t a rug they should be standing on in the first place.

18 Likes

This feels like sarcasm lol.

7 Likes

Weird seeing key price reduced mid-cycle while absolutely bonkers Profane Veil is kept in-game allowing much more powerful and in consequence expensive items be farmed casually

22 Likes

Our current stance is that we won’t issue mid-cycle changes for balance, such as with Profane Veil’s Vampiric Blood node. While the node is much stronger than intended, it’s not causing performance issues and so it will instead be changed with the next cycle patch.

yeah but its cleary a bug and not getting nerfed but hotfixed. biiiig difference. honestly, the existence of this bug kills my motivation, because everytime, when i struggle with corruption, i could farm for upgrades… or just abuse the bug. and this shouldnt be the case imho

16 Likes

Yikes this is very disappointing

14 Likes

Huge miss for EHG. Here is a visual decision making flowchart (overly simple) but it gets the job done https://imgur.com/a/Q3KEAVz

21 Likes

I was expecting a balance patch.

Well… I literally spent 40 hours trying to make an off meta build work to die on a DC (sht happens), but then I noticed that a meta/ward build lvl 80 with lvl 75 Gear would’ve outperformed it xD

Balance is literally making not care at all about the game right now. Go to Twitch/YT see the same builds having 60k ward blazing through content while I need to get amazing gear to make other defenses work even 1/4th of the power of ward… I truly cannot understand how you don’t balance clearly broken skills/passives, at this point why even have leaderboards? 80% of the Leaderboards are Falconeers/Warlocks or builds that stack 70k Ward with 0 effort. You literally nerfed keys selling for a bit of gold mid Cycle but won’t nerf an exploit that allows any noob to run absurd amounts of corruption even in HC with 0 effort? Really? How do you rationalize this? I’d love an explanation, because to me and to most of the community it makes ZERO sense.

It’s such a silly position to take. Why allow 3-4 broken skills/combos to be 300x better than the rest? It literally just highlights the balance issues and it demotives everyone not exploiting the game like that.

Hopefully they reconsider. There’s literally 0 reason to allow your game to be THIS unbalanced for months.

18 Likes

Totally get the smoke bomb-stuff - it’s absolutely OP, and if it causes server issues, it’s for the best of us players that you fix that, even if it may kill a build mid-league. But nerfing Arena Keys and XP Tome rewards is VERY bad.

Arena Keys:
It was already hard enough to get gold as it is with CoF - nothing that drops is worth any gold at all. Even with corruption 650+, currency-echoes give me like 30k gold, which is NOTHING. I want to try out a lot of different builds, so i keep a lot of exalted items and need a ton of stash tabs for it. Atm, a new one costs me ~450k. So if i farm all day, i can afford a stash tab or two, but there’s no gold left for the Lightless Arbor… which i also like to run, cause i need the helmet with 3+LP… but feels bad to run the dungeon without being able to afford the vault at the end. The reason for it feels lackluster too - MG-players can easily sell stuff and get millions of gold with a good farming setup and a little bit of luck. CoF-players have literally ZERO possibilities now to farm gold - unless i run ring-prophecies and sell a ton of rings for 500g… yeah… that’s for sure a lot of fun…

XP-Tomes:
It’s hard to get enough favour atm in my opinion… I play a LOT (~200 hours since release), and it takes a long time to get like 100k favour to buy some low-cost prophecies, that are completed after like 30 minutes.

20 Likes