Last Epoch on the SteamDeck has a few issues that need to be fixed, but it's still surprisingly good

My SteamDeck settings:

• (I like a smooth 60 FPS, but even the minimum settings look surprisingly good on the SteamDeck since patch 0.9):

• Very low for everything

• 1152x768

• CryoUtilities recommended system settings

• Out of the box install* (has texture issues; Ge-Proton7-50 fixes them)

• Stable SteamDeck branch

• Pic: https://i.imgur.com/qkNy5ku.jpg

Feedback (even though GE-Proton-7-50 fixes most of the graphical issues):

• Characters/textures are missing from the character selection screen

• Mini map is broken

• Map textures/graphics are missing (waypoints show up, but not the map itself)

• Difficult to see what item/spot you have selected in your inventory

• Itā€™d be nice if there was a ā€œsnap to furthest edgeā€ (e.g. in inventory, or from the inventory to the crafting screen) selector like with PoEā€™s controller implementation (right stick)

• Canā€™t use controller, dpad, or bumpers to control the menu screens (e.g. passives, settings, etc) - itā€™s mouse only

• Sometimes the aim assist/targeting (on mage?) seems slightly off and targets something in the distance instead of the enemy next to me

Gameplay:

• Mad fun. Last Epoch on SteamDeck is an amazing way to relax, and it plays very well

• 0.9 made Last Epoch much smoother & better looking at the same time - especially on SteamDeck

Conclusion:

• Last Epoch on the SteamDeck has a ton of potential, & is quite fun despite some of the polish items that will get resolved over time
1 Like

Having the same issues, fixing them would be really great then else itā€™s really great game and makes a ton of fun on Deck

For what its worth, I believe they intend to have full controller support by 1.o, which will hopefully help Steam deck users.

Unfortunately, Steam Deck is not an officially supported platform, but EHG has said a couple time they will be look at other platforms post 1.0. Hopefully, given existing Linux support, Steam Deck will be toward top of that list.

iā€™ve tried it on steamdeck,too. And it always restart my device when I enter a new area, have u guys have the same issue?

well, I just ordered a steam deck so iā€™ll report back my experience with le once it arrives, in a couple weeks.

Iā€™m planning on PC with a gamepad and Iā€™m sure the following problems are common for steam deck:
itā€™s not possible to aim enemies close to character with range skills (especially when enemy is behind you);
itā€™s not possible to target minions with skill that may target both enemies and minions (please add advanced aim settings to change priority between you, allies and enemies for skillslots 1, 2 ā€¦ 5), so forget about some necro and primalist builds;
itā€™s not possible to turn off aiming on barrels and other destructible objects;
some skills are not working as expected with gamepad: arcane ascendence - you cannot rotate with stick, eterraā€™s blessing - node for autotarget allies targets you instead, summoning healing totems by 3 is not possible when you are aiming some static enemies (bones summoning skeletons, abomination boss corner objects etc).
Some problems may be fixed in this way: rotating instead of moving is used when the stick is moved up to 50% of its radius, from 50% till 100% - character moving is used.
But playing melee builds itā€™s still a lot of fun!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.