Last Epoch Hotfix 1.0.5.1

They are probably too busy playing PoE new season!
They are so lost they didn’t release a patch note for 1.0.5.1 and this patch, which is 1.0.5.2, is wrongly named…
Hey Judd, I’m pretty sure you are currently killing your game :-/ I wonder if Tencent would agree to buy the rest ^^’ You signed with the devil from Wokistan, I pray for your lost soul…

2 Likes

There is ZERO chance they can or will do this, because doing so will totally screw Circle of Fortune players.

1 Like

It’s a MMO-ARPG.

You know there is offline mode for solo players right? Also, SSF. Play offline mode if you want a MMO to balance around solo player. You’re also entitled to your opinion newbie that doesn’t even know what an MMO is.

So you should stay on it because that’s where you belong apparently.

If they get rid of MG, they might as well get rid of online. Don’t need a server to handle everyone.

It’s not an MMO, it’s an ARPG.
Would you call Path of Exile an MMO? The only difference between PoE & LE is that Last Epoch has an auction House, & PoE relies on 3rd party websites for trade.

You’re welcome to your opinion, no matter how moronic it is.

You can edit your offline characters, which is why you can’t switch between online & offline with the same character.
It may not be an “Official” editor, but one definitely exists.

2 Likes

But it’s 1.0.5.2 patch. Guys cmon you have such a strong support from your fans. And still can not fix bugs in time even when they are reported. The C1 is clearly ended just now. Like there is no reason to play. Get rid of MG in C2 please. Or our game will be destroyed 1 more time. Now we just waiting for 3 months for C2 well ye. Im sad.

They messed up something, after the patch LE crashes to desktop each 3-4 monolith run… till now it never crashed

1 Like

So?

This is very unfortunate.
I’m happy I took the right decision to leave cycle after first week and just play my legacy chars.

I think if they want to try to recover players trust they should give an examplary punishment.

1 Like

Hello EHG persons.

I usually go strategically melodramatic for sarcasm or a rhetorical.
However, here I shall be straight forward.
First, thank you to the teams EHG has grinding for our gaming fun.

Please, Ban Everyone That Used The Exploit.
Exploiting gold is premeditated, a purposeful act to degrade the game for personal gain at the cost of the creators, producers, publishers and players of the game.
Every single account that used or uses exploits needs repercussions strong enough to deter.
In this gold exploit case full account ban and workaround monitoring seems appropriate.

Premeditated bad actions absolutely need to have repercussions.

Looking forward to what EHG’s has in store for these bad actors… and us gamers.

1 Like

I worked hard for hundreds of hours hoping to save up enough coins to buy better equipment, but these people destroyed them in just a few minutes, and you just issued a notice, never seen such an inactive official before

1 Like

it makes no sense. there are leaderboard/parties/you can’t edit you char etc.

Next cycle when?

Lost Ark is an MMO-ARPG
Last Epoch is an ARPG (A [S]ystems [S]ARPG at that if you wanna use the new terminology Blizzard suggested)
It’s not an MMO.
Then you say right after that it’s only needing online for MG. But I thought it was an MMO? An MMO would have more reasons to have online than just a market… So you don’t believe it’s an MMO?
Good because it’s not an MMO.

2 Likes

I’m in circle of fortune. Gold literally has no use in the game. I think a great solution to disciplining people who abuse gold in merchants should be expelled from the merchant guild for the period of one lunar year. Banning people from games is kind of heavy handed in my opinion unless they do something really bad. Like radar in DaoC, lol.

Gotta Love the Loud Minority xD. MG is fucked but it isnt over. the market will have a stablization no matter how bad it is. people Also have the option to play CoF which has proven to be just as effect as MG on gearing toons.

Asides from that I am pretty sad that MG has been bone’d but its a ARPG. Not a MMO. MMO will imply that there are multiple content that needs Multiple to complete. which you can solo everything. And the purpose for Online is for people to Socialize.

A Gold dupe was made aware early in the launch but no one had a proof or a method for the LE team to track on to Prevent it.

It doesnt matter how much a Problem is made aware if no one can help the team Direct their efforts. Coding is alot more complicated that yall seem to understand.
(Eventho the mistake was kinda a rookie mistake issue but that is besides the point. It is like finding a needle in a haysack without clues where to look)

Waiting for the Ban-wave :partying_face:

They need to add editor mode for offline… You can party in co-op, like how game was pre 1.0

Lost ark is also a mmo-arpg.

Go get definition of MMO. it’s literally the same everywhere. It’s a massive multiplayer game that supports large number of players on the same server.

Co-op does not support large number of players on the same server. That is the difference between pre and post 1.0 LE. Single/Co-op <—> MMO

Whether we disagree with it or not, it is a MMO.

1 Like

Lost Ark
Genres: Massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Adventure game, Fighting game, Massively Multiplayer, Adventure

Last Epoch
Genres: Hack and slash, Indie game, Adventure game, Shooter game, Adventure, Strategy

Even asked an AI for you, Google Gemini:

Is Last Epoch an MMO?

No, Last Epoch is not an MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game. It is an Action RPG (Role-Playing Game) with a focus on single-player but also allows optional co-op play.

Here are some clues to differentiate MMOs from co-op RPGs:

• MMOs typically have a large number of players inhabiting the same world at once.
  • MMOs usually have features built around social interaction and large-scale player communities.

Last Epoch, while having co-op functionality, focuses on a smaller-scale experience and doesn’t have the social features typical of MMOs.

What are the bare minimum things that need to be added to Last Epoch for it to be considered an MMO technically

For Last Epoch to be considered an MMO in the most basic technical sense, it would need two core features:

1. Persistent Online World: This is the foundation of any MMO. Last Epoch currently utilizes instanced worlds for co-op play. An MMO would require a persistent online world that exists even when players aren’t logged in, allowing thousands of players to inhabit the same space simultaneously.
  2. Large-Scale Multiplayer Support: The current co-op system likely has limitations on player numbers. For MMO status, Last Epoch would need to handle a significantly larger number of players interacting and adventuring together within the persistent world.

These are the absolute minimums. Without these two features, it wouldn’t be considered an MMO, even if it had some social features or a trading system tacked on.

I cannot even find anywhere else saying it’s an MMO like you are claiming. The closest thing I saw was that it has some similar systems and that it’s becoming more common in SARPGs to use MMO-like features now.

2 Likes

Are you serious? The dudes used external fucking software to hack the game…

1 Like

I thought it was just an exploit of a quest or something?

All I’ll say is that they don’t need a survey to tell them how to handle this.

1. Ban the people that did it - at least a year if not permanently online
  2. Rollback all of the gold generated and revert all sales attached to those accounts since they used the hack

If they don’t handle it properly they will look pretty damn bad.

3 Likes