Last Epoch Hotfix 1.0.4.2 Notes

Can we please get a fix for friendslists being bugged showing friends offline… when they arent… only been a bug for a year + now with zero attempts at all to fix… in a multiplayer game…

There is none. You nerf player power you nerf player power. I didn’t mistakenly write the code or the tooltip. It’s like saying we are to blame for selecting something the performs well within the game. This “bug” made your character more tanky. They nerfed the skill profane veil. MY character cannot come close to it’s past potential. They are huring us as players instead of fixing the real issues THEY have with the systems. Bro EVERYTHING is bugged. Most of it is just not OVERPERFOMING while being bugged…

Pretty poor design choice imo.

I think you should revert keys to their full gold value , since arena keys are next to useless and you are FORCED to take these echos to path to wherever you want to go.

If you don’t want them to be a gold farming method, get rid of the prophecy.

If there is like a random bunch of players that only play arena … they should honestly have enough keys already , if not just make them tradeable for both factions or something

we are waiting so long for this tiny patch

While I agree that Arena Keys gold farming as it was may be unbalanced to a certain point, the problem is that there are far more problems than that.

Arena Echo key rewards are now meaningless and MG vs CoF progression with the added XP tome nerf continues and the problem that comes with the factions being swappable and stash tabs not being locked to each faction, you are nerfing stuff while giving nothing in return that is always a loss if it wasnt a bug.
There are also far more skills with bugs than only profanity veil and this is the problem with the way I think you are doing things, you can’t only bugfix one class or build if you want to do it mid cycle you have to at least be able to acknowledge all the priority bugs there are and people have pointed that they have reported them, something is missing here that I can’t grasp.

Glyph of Despair reversion is a good choice though.

Thank you for all the hard work.

Could lowering the number of Key echoes that appear in a Mono not help with your problem?
I don’t know if many people like to do arena and feel like they’re running low on keys, so just drop their chance of appearing by 50%-ish and the other echo rewards that exist get raised evenly to fill the space.

There is no mid cycle balance, there is only bug fixes. Cycle balance is cycle balane, so balance would happen every 3-4 month. If that is hard to understand, i would suggest going back to school.

Great work, as always

Take key rewards out of monoliths, they are no longer rewards, just reminders of what many of us wasted time farming, just to be cut off at the knees without communication.

3 weeks into launch key prices are changed, but was overlooked for years prior to launch.

I think you are too focused on how CoF effects MG, and are putting too much effort into nerfing CoF - completely ignoring how this effects CoF players

If you want to stop faction swapping then you will have to nerf CoF SO HARD that the glyph prophecies are useless to COF PLAYERS(because a CoF player is using it for everything else, not just glyphs,).

Your proposed change hurts CoF game-play more than it helps with fixing MG.

Please focus on actually making CoF good before you focus on stopping players from exploiting the few ways in which CoF is good.

I think you are misunderstanding half my post… I just said i’d rather some QoL changes to give people something and working on new content and bug fixes rather than all the time and resources working on nerfing/balancing classes and/or working on things that shouldn’t be a problem such as grace period leeching.

Plvl is a great part of the game and naysayers obviously had a big enough impact for them to remove it. It wasn’t a bug, it was put in intended for leeching.

OP classes will always be there. Sure, it would be great to balance the power gap but they can only do so much to keep it as close as possible. What they can do, is maybe work on mechanics and content to balance the classes better for target farming and such.

Again, new content should be priority at its current state.
New content is probably the most important thing that these games lack. Sure, of course, new and unique mechanics are important and cool but it’s too big of a risk to shift into it completely, especially if it is something that worked/works.

Yes, with just new content, a game can and will run probably close to eternity. That’s why you have games like WoW still going so strong after over a decade.

QoL changes is in no way a priority but those are normally the easiest to fix. New content is the biggest concern over here and for many other games. Content reached peak way too early while the end game repetitive grinding doesn’t give you that same exciting and rewarding feel for games such as D2. (Hate to compare it but its hard when that is the mecca of the genre)

The game stands out by who does what, the best, and that is where majority of people will go and stay. Hence, WoW’s player base so strong all these years. They make choices such as a nostalgic server because people asked and wanted that, kept comparing OLD AND NEW wow, and are constantly updating and offering new content in their expansions without removing anything major that works.

They pushed trading because they knew such a feature is variable for such a game if it’s an mmoarpg. An economy does so much more for this game vs if there was no trading. You should clearly be able to see that from the Diablo franchises.

All these things that comes down to the, “you have choice” to use it or not shouldn’t even be a debate to have it or not. It doesn’t change how the game is played for how the user chooses to. Only serious argument is the unfairness for a ladder climbing but they can easily put a separate ladder for Solo Self Found selected players but I bet that still won’t solve the naysayers against it.

You don’t want to “cheat” and/or play “ez mode” from trading, kudos to you, why complain when one can easily just not use it?

You don’t want to play an OP build, kudos to you but why complain about users that do it? If it’s broken and not intended to work as it should, okay, fix it but if it’s just over powered, don’t balance it where it takes majority of your time and resources and/or completely nerf mid season. Every class and majority of skills/builds were well capable of handling up to 500 corruption with ease meaning you can play every content of the game just find, why do OP builds that hit 2k corruption be of concern to individuals?

This game is great but its peaked for many. The problem isn’t only that but that grinding doesn’t give you the excitement that it should when you find something or can push higher. For me, I would say that’s because the economy is sh*t and that the grinding area’s are too easy. They need to push some sort of better modifers, balance the classes, promote more party play where it matters, and of course, new content.

I hope they can keep pushing more and new content and work on making a better economy as the current state is terrible, before the other competitors take over. With D4 remodel season coming, PoE2 coming out later this year and some other titles, this will be more of a race of time then anything.

There will be no way for them to bring a new feature completely to make users stay for the game because these mechanics and such can’t be copyrighted, only a matter of time before other games implement it… Evolution is cool but you just need to keep the game fresh BY new content and ways to make it addicting. Farming was the main path for that but its not exciting here.

Why there is no key ring or keys stacking is just baffling

3 Likes

I would honestly like to see a roadmap, with list of things they are working on, and have in the queue, with their appointed priorities. I’m afraid lots of these QoL things will never get addressed, since each cycle will bog down the team with more bugs and balance issues. Unless they plan on doubling the size of their team, so many things, that have been requested for years now, might never get attention due to not being important enough – hell, look how long it took to fix Lagon, and that was causing certain builds to struggle to get through the basic campaign and basic monoliths.

3 Likes

Everything EHG has done until now is reactional changes. And this is the main reason theyll never be in the same level as their concurrent. They are not fixing things that are known as ‘crazy interractions’ but will change something because reddit tread are talking about some abusing strat. OK, so guess what, go check steam charts, the moment u touched the game is a way where it punished people that did not abuse bugs, people LOGOUT. The day key nerf was introduced, steam and twitch stats for last epoch went down. Why would anyone play an ARPG that is making changes every week xDD i can go to MOBAS or RTS games for that type of ballance. Reinvinting the wheel is a dumb move unfortunatly

1 Like

They do have a sale value…

I don’t speak for anyone but myself but I stopped playing because of how broken profane veil seemed to be when playing HC it made it feel like a joke.

Lowering a value in the code is nerfing.

They lowered a value in the code.

Please learn what it means.

Plz fix another op bug from Marksman’s explosive trap aka “zeus” build. This bug gives huge dmg to this build. It’s time to nerf all op build with bug. Remember? we voted for it. Wait? is there any op build without bug now? Is wraithlord safe?

I strongly believe that catering to the casual players’ immediate wishes will prove to be catastrophic for the health of the game. Some builds achieve performance higher than others by nearly TWO ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE. With no ceiling on item rarity, it is no surprise players flock to these overpowered builds. Top 2 classes are nearly 50% of the ladder, while bottom half is less than 10%. This kills variety, damages Bazaar economy, and honestly, makes a laughingstock of this game in the eyes of ARPG veterans.

Balance issues must be addressed asap and from all angles: skills, passives, items. If you don’t want to hurt the feelings of casual players, you need to buff everything else (some things by A FACTOR OF A HUNDRED…). But this will result in power creep which can prove equally or even more damaging to the health of the game.

It does not matter in the least what the source of imbalance is. From the point of view of game mechanics and game health, it just doesn’t matter if something is broken because of bugs in the code or miscalculations on the part of gameplay devs.

No, it wasn’t a vote. It was community feedback. And it backfired - with half the players strongly disagreeing to any nerfs. Now EHG has to either go back on their word to listen to the player or watch their game turn into a meme without proper balancing.

1 Like

WDYM? we voted in survey and EHG announced the result of vote. I know there are only part of community joined it and it was not even in-game vote. However, there are more than 70% of ppl agree with nerf which is called “bug fix” OP build. I voted for disagree with fixing OP bug during mid-cycle. but result is the result. who knows? that’s the starting of nerf all build cuz most builds has bug, lmafo. now, plz! EHG fix OP bug from marksman explosive trap build, it has op dmg boost bug like what you guys did to ballista and warlock.