Last Epoch: Harbingers of Ruin Patch Notes

I’ve only been playing for 80 odd hours on a six year old windows 10 machine with no issues at all except the occasional graphical artifact caused by screen tearing. This always happens about 2/3 the way down the left hand side of the monitor, but very infrequently - maybe once in 30 minutes.
Could there be something wrong with your system drivers?

1 Like

That certainly isn’t my expectation. Your argument is a classic strawman, a construct of your own making to argue against rather than engaging with the things I’ve actually expressed.

To be clear, I’m not saying and have never said that no one will be able to make HH / Smite Pally work post-patch. If someone had 200k ward and now only has 9k, well, 9k is still fine-ish. It’s less than 1/20th of the value but it’s still a lot. Someone with perfect or near perfect end game gear will certainly be able to use it successfully at 300C and clear all end game content with it.

I’m saying that my character, a lowly level 90 without a legendary to his name who was clearing T3 Julra and T3 Soulfire Bastion and Empowered Monos at 100C to farm blessings and materials to progress towards that end game state, he is no longer viable. I do not expect to be able to clear the content that character is currently accessing with him, and instead of him being a character to farm gear for himself and alts, I expect I’ll need to farm better gear for him with my Sorc or other characters to get him to where he can survive T3s and empowered monos, to say nothing of T4s or 200+ corruption.

I never stated that the build should not have been nerfed, or that the build should be allowed to break the game. In fact I stated multiple times that it needed a heavy nerf. What I stated is that I’m not a fan of the nuke it from orbit approach with multiple heavy handed nerfs occurring simultaneously, whose cumulative effect is massive, to the point of wiping a build off the map entirely. A nerf to the mechanic underpinning it, plus a 90% drop in EHP generation, plus the elimination of healing over time, buff triggers, and other ancillary benefits, is nuking from orbit.

4 Likes

so in how many hours is the patch live i dont understand?

4 or 5 hours, not that long

Soo hyped, guys. Loooking forward to it! <3

Compared to all health builds. Sitting at 9k is a comfy life. Certainly more than fine-ish.

I agree that the less powerful versions of the build, like yours that hasn’t been kitted yet, are also hit hard by this. But like above, the versions of this build that could get ridiculous needed the atom bomb nerf it got.

A fact of this new patch is that ward retention for builds not abusing ward has been either buffed or stayed neutral. I would test your build’s defenses before ruling out if it could survive the content it was doing before. That being said, T3 dungeons and 100c are still no joke for a build, especially without a legendary. I would have expected by that point you’d be running a couple of 2LP items for the extra stats, I know my builds certainly didn’t hit that point without them.

I basically told GiantOctopodes the same things a few posts earlier in this very topic. Let’s hope it gets through to them the second time :slight_smile:

I think most builds can progress empowered monoliths and endgame dungeons in T20 rares. At least I did so with my Lightning Blast Sorcerer in 1.0 :slight_smile: Some builds are more dependent on specific affixes on gear though, so there may be differences.

1 Like

Your point was made. But this “nuke from orbit” you speak of never happened. Your lvl 90 paladin is still playable.

2 Likes

와 이양키 씹새기들 환불해달라니까 캐릭을막아버리네 경고도없이 개호로새끼들이
너희들은 미국사람이란거에 감사해라 한국사람이아니라서 어떻게할수가없으니까 병신같은게임안한다 시간의성소해봣자머해 옵션 붙는게없는데 개새끼들아

Some people only like the viable skills (where viable means in the top 3). Which is fine, but the devs don’t want the gap to be quite as large as it currently is.

1 Like

I’ve a ‘question’ about the 1.0 C1 Stashes? I understand they are Remove-only/one-sided, but i’m curious - are they permanent? Or do we’ve a timelimit where we have to clear them like in D4 (like when C3 starts C2 Stash replace C1 Stash?:

Completely Agree with balancing the overpowered builds. Makes more builds competitive. Could however buff some under utilized skills more.

1 Like

Increased XP requirements of levels 98, 99, and 100 by around 20%, 40%, and 60% respectively.

Not a fan of this at all. This is absolutely not needed.

1 Like

well, that’s the reason I added “And no, I don’t observe anything similar in other games.” :slight_smile: nothing wrong with my system and/or drivers - everything else is running smooth.

some cosmetic work with WAND?

So Prayer node still works when I cast Healing Hands. HP heal is zero as expected, but 70% increased damage and 70% increased healing effectiveness still happens. Good news :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because they were so strong that they dominated every other builds. Because the other builds are fine from the damage and these builds were way over the top.

D4 nerfed the best performing builds while the others felt underwhelming. They shouldn’t have nerfed the good stuff, they should have buffed the weak ones.

Last Epoch nerfs the builds with the most over the top damage numbers, because the numbers were way higher than any other build. You see the difference?

kermodes cage is bugged. No white werebear form with chest equiped

cheers

Looking forward to the new content!