Last Epoch | Cold Army Necromancer | Build Guide | 0.9.2

Video

This Build Tier Rating is:

Summary

• This build is played as a Necromancer! Summon an armor of Minions, both Spell Mages and Archers and then give them tons of Cold damage to annihilate all enemies! Pop a potion and fill the screen with zombie explosions and parasites to increase your damage and survivability!

Main Interactions

• Having double digit minions around you cast out infernal shades to your maximum and then a dread shade to give minions added cold damage per infernal shade that was up! Pop a potion to have tons of zombies and parasites appear giving you ward per minion death and per zombie death!

How to Play this build

• Just run around with your minions replacing dread shade and infernal shades as needed. They’ll do all the heavy lifting for you!

Rating

Rating

• Defense - 9.5/10 (Tons of ward and ward generation! Minions not so much)
  • Offense - 9/10 (Decent AoE, Good Single Target)
  • Empowered Bosses - 9/10 (Good Survivability, Good single target damage)
  • Speed Running Echoes - 8/10 (OK for speed running echoes)
  • Arena - N/A
  • Average - 8.75 (S Tier)

This Build Tier Rating is:

10/10 --->--->--->---> 5/10 >--->--->--->---> 1/10

Maxroll's Build Planner / Loot Filter

Cold Army Necromancer Build Planner

Cold Army Necromancer Build Planner! Gear/Idols/Blessings

Cold Army Necromancer Lootfilter Link:

Cold Army Necromancer Lootfilter Pastebin Link

All Uniques/Set/Exalted items Will SHOW

WARNING: Unused Base Types and Non ACOLYTE Class Items ARE HIDDEN

TEAL/BLUE - 1+ Tier 5+ Class Specific Affix For Any Class (This is unselected by default, if you would like this to be active make sure to check the box!)

Light Blue - Early Game Items (1 affix Tier 1+) (Uncheck these boxes around level 25)

Green - Mid Game Items (1 affix Tier 3+) (Uncheck these boxes around level 40)

Yellow - Starting Endgame Items (1 affix Tier 5+) (Uncheck around level 60 or when you have multiple affixes wanted on each piece of gear)

Orange - Mid Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 8+ Total Tiers) (This is separated by base type so you can make them more specific if you want a very specific base implicit)

Red - Late Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 12+ Total Tiers) (This is separated by base type so you can make them more specific if you want a very specific base implicit)

Light Green - Idols

Most Important Stats

Defense For You (Most important to Least important)

• Health / Vitality
  • Capped Resistances / INT
  • Critical Strike Avoidance
  • Minion Health

Offense For You(Most Important to Least important)

• Minion Damage / Flat added Minion damage
  • Minion Flat Crit Chance / Increased Minion Crit

How to Level

Gear -> Unique's

This build could also use these uniques:

• Cycle of Putrescence (Ring)
  • Death Rattle (Amulet)
  • Exsanguinous (Chest)
  • Last Steps of the Living (Boots)
  • Lichs Scorn (Off Hand)
  • Reach of the Grave (Wand)

Passive Screen Shots

Acolyte

Necromancer

Skill Screen Shots

Dread Shade

Infernal Shade

Summon Skeleton Mage

Summon Skeleton

Summon Volatile Zombie

Social Platform Links

Twitch

Follow me on twitch and watch me live almost every day as we put together builds and test them!

Youtube

Here’s Everything I’ve ever done in Last Epoch

Discord

Join my Discord and use the !Search function in the Search bot channel to find any build it is your looking for by name/creator/tier rating/class/master/skill/patch and more!

Looking For a different build? Here’s a Compendium with Tons!

150+ Builds / Guides / Leveling Guides in one place! Click Here

Have a good day Travelers!

3 Likes

Hi Boardman,

i followed your Cold Army Necro Leveling Guide. Currently i`m lvl 80. When should to this Build and swap golem with zombies? Any Gear requiered?

Something confusing me here.

Lich’s Scorn has the ability: “+x cold damage per attached Infernal Shade for Minions affected by Dread Shade”.

I will assume every Minion is affected by Dread Shade for simplicity.

So what does this mean? I read it as those Minions with an Infernal Shade attached (and only those) will get +x Cold Damage. If some of the Infernals landed on the same Minion, then that Minion (and only it) gets multiples of +x.

In your video you suggest that all Minions will get 6 times +x cold damage since they are all affected by Dread Shade and all affected by 6 x Infernal Shade.

Is this correct? One of us is reading this ability incorrectly I think. (I hope it’s me).

Also, regardless of how much life leech they have, Infernal Shade will end up killing every Minion it affects, so are you constantly replacing your Minions with this build?

Assuming the tooltip is correct, the way to read is:
1-Is minion affected by Dread shade?
2-If yes, how many minions are affected by Infernal Shade?
3-Bonus equals +x times the value from 2 for that minion.
Meaning that if all minions have dread shade and all have infernal shade, all get 6 times +x cold dmg.

Unless the tooltip does something different from what it’s stated.

Can’t help you with the second one, though.

It works like this…

At the time of dread shade being cast it gives a flat bonus of added damage to all minions affected by dread shade per infernal shade that was axtive at its cast.

It my setup all minions inside dread shade are affected and will get the bonus if in its area for the entire duration of dread shade.

I aim for 6 infernal shades up before casting dread shade.

Dread shade last 40 seconds. The added bonus ladt all 40 seconds it doesnt matter if you lose infernals or cast more

If you recast dread shade the whole process repeats.

1 Like

Infernal shade wont kill them as long as you dont take the infernal shade last indefintely.

Ooops yes. I had respeced from a similar build with a single Archmage and still had that node selected (no timeout on Infernal Shade). For that build, you just recast Infernal to reset the increasing damage the Archmage is taking.

The one issue I now have is that when I cast Infernal twice into my pack, I am getting 5 Shades most of the time (say 90% of the time) instead of 6. This looks like a bug. If I cast it a further (3rd) time, I get the 6th Shade.

Finally, this is my 6th active level 90+ Necro so my gear is a bit crappy, I only have 800% increased Minion health (you have 1000% so I am quite close). However, even with 800% health, most of my Minions are being destroyed by any boss AoE, even at only 100 corruption. This does not bode well. I am used to rocking 500+ corruption easy peasy on my builds, so I cannot see how this one will push that high if Minions are already dying so easily. Already the single Archmage version feels stronger as the Archmage will not die, ever.

1 Like

If your minions are bunched up a new one could be replacing an already active one

While maximum health is important their real surviva ility comes from leeching huge portions of CRIT damage. My mages have 100% crit while archers are 60%ish if i remember. Mages are heal a % of life every crit so with dread shade up they very rarely died at 350ish corruption im at. Archers die… sparadically usually to dots.

If its a boss hit mechanic perhaps some minion dodge will work well in your build

1 Like

A quick question on the Volatile Zombies…

This skill does not feel right to me in this build. It sort of doesn’t belong. I wonder if it is being used solely to grant ward on Zombie Death? I do not have the experimental affix to create zombies so maybe I am missing something. I rarely have more than a dozen Corpse bugs so I am not getting much Armour out of sheer Minion count.

In short, I am experimenting with dropping this skill and wondered what you thought? My replacements tested thus far are Bone Golem, just to give a fat tank for everyone, and Bone Curse, specced to Execute, Slow and Chill and deliver max possible extra damage per hit on enemy (enemies take a LOT of hits in this build, very very quickly).

Both are working well, I cannot decide between them atm, but I also wonder if I will end up regretting the dropping of the Zombies.

All opinions welcomed.

Nice Guide <3

ty :+1::heart:

Thanks for the levelling guide, it was awesome :slight_smile: 75% chance this will be my starter in 1.0 and will try this endgame version!

1 Like

I have a question, in your guide you sealed the experimental prefix on the gloves, how did you do this? Is only one sealed at random? Because according to the description of the glyph, it sounds like only the one you want to improve is sealed

Mages sometimes drop a Rune of Research, which allows you to seal experimental affixes.

1 Like

Just to make sure @Tryx666 understands correctly with minimum possibility of confusion, the Exiled Mages. :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

1 Like