Last Epoch 1.0 launches Feb 21st, 2024!

I don’t think people for whom the only criteria for buying a game is the gender of the character are any kind of prospective audience. Plus I highly doubt that among gamers their number is higher than those who want the company’s efforts to be spent on developing gameplay, story and introducing cool new features.

Well and personally I do not know people who refused to play, for example, in The Witcher 3 because of the inability to change the Geralt’s gender.

So I really want the developers to spend their power and time on what is really demanded by real players, and not on the invented problem of not being able to play due to gender lock.

9 Likes

So I really want the developers to spend their power and time on what is really demanded by real players, and not on the invented problem of not being able to play due to gender lock.

I’m not going to get into the weeds of this attitude or all of the inherent assumptions coded into it, but, because you’re not the first person who’s said something like this here and probably won’t be the last, I will respond, once, with the same answer I give to everyone who makes this claim in regards to any of countless discussions:

Just because something is not a problem for you does not mean it is not a real problem.

2 Likes

So you seriously think that developers should focus on solving the “problem” to attract people who choose games exclusively on the ability to choose a character’s gender? Instead of developing gameplay and other features? Are you serious?

5 Likes

Just because something is a problem for you does not mean it is a real problem.

Meanwhile, the fact that you’ve been told both the very valid reasons why you aren’t currently getting what you want, and that you will get what you want eventually, but you’re still yelling at everybody about it is a very strong indicator that your alleged real problem is, in fact, completely manufactured, and about little more than giving yourself a reason to beat your chest.

9 Likes

I keep forgetting this game is still in beta

3 Likes

Im a normal hetero male and playing strong female characters in games is normal and has been my whole life

Anyway I like playing the Scion in PoE as she has a nice ass

1 Like

Amazing, cant wait for release

PoE in December
D4 S3 in January 24
LE release in February 24

1 Like

its my wishlist item yeah.

I think LE for a long time had really decent class balance. There was always some ebb and flow in what was OP or UP etc, as is expected.

But there is a lot of design creep, and for me, the 1.0 release should mean all classes and themes should be brought up to feeling good to play. Runemaster and druid are so tight and well designed. Even if they are not strictly OP(atleast for most builds haha) they are just so modern and feel so good to play. Shaman is just so lame and limp. Weak, does not deliver on theme etc.

So for me, its one of the most important things for me. Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath haha.

1 Like

Good stuff Judd. Happy for EHG :smile:

2 Likes

I wonder if people talking about sexist stereotypes even when it has nothing to do with the reason realize it just exposes themselves as being sexists. Not everyone sees women as victims all the time. Anyway glad it got cleared up and looking forward to 1.0!

5 Likes

No, I want it NOW.

Give me all masteries so I can play in peace. And fix them bugs. NOW

Just a quick clarification, is stuff like missing skills in Shaman, Rogue and Paladin(also skill tree for Healing hand) also expected for 1.0?

And also buffs to weak masteries (Shaman and Forge Guard) and confirmed reworks to skills (Ice Thorns and Tempest Strike) are they also slated for 1.0 ?

Well, they mostly weren’t before and you’ve got quite a lot of things on that list but some of that, yea.

It’s not a real problem. Period.
It’s just a “side” or “extra” feature that will get the attention when it will be possible, and that will be after 1.0. I hope long after 1.0.

Not only there are other topics about it, the devs have explicit gave you all the answers you need to know but nothing satisfies you. Just move on. There are much more important things to the game than this

3 Likes

Still no uniques for Forge Guards? Even the ‘new’ runemaster has uniques that are beneficial for it specifically. Can’t find a single unique for Forge Guards seems like it is the only class currently that got no itemization love.

No i’m not talking about the set, smelters wrath is terrible and any semi descent unique with legendary potential is far better then what the set can offer…

Why are you making me go to other websites to see your content? Is LE this desperate for marketing?

Edit:

:smiley: Definitely not because you wanted that sweet launch money. It is all for us.

Negative stuff aside, best of luck. Hope Trade&Prophecies live up to the hype.

1 Like

I also find it strange that they provide exclusive previews to 3rd parties, that never had anything to do with Last Epoch.

I do however understand why they do it.
The regular LE fanbase will still be aware of this preview, while it will reach a whole lot of new people, that might not know about Last Epoch yet.

Especially with 1.0 launch being basically the single most important thing from a PR perspective that LE has done and will do, I get it, even though I don’t like it myself.

1 Like

Cool, its better to temper our expectations for these I guess since 1.0 has a pretty big scope anyways. Appreciate the response!

This is called artistic freedom. If they want to create a character as a man, they can. The rest of the world is so sick of this 1% American woke nonsense. If you don’t like it, don’t play it.

Also, without gender locking, they cannot create a valid backstory for the characters. Not a big problem for this game, but that’s why a lot of modern games are so shallow. Because the social and mainstream media forces their bullshit on games. that’s how we got Forspoken, Last of Us 2 and a bunch of other games that could have been good if the writers didn’t focus on bullshit. Fantasy video games should never reflect poilitical and social conditions. That’s their point, to take the player out of reality.

2 Likes

Good job, take your time, make a good game.

And please, if you do microtransactions, do them at 1:1 pricing. An ingame currency is 1 dollar. We don’t need the scammy psychological marketing that all modern games do.