Last Epoch 1.0 launches Feb 21st, 2024!

“wasting resources” and “super low-impact” are like… your opinion - and one that is objectively misinformed, based on the market. Character customization is one of the biggest drivers for sales in the modern game industry. You may have noticed that every financially successful live service game sells cosmetics as its primary source of revenue, and this one is looking to do the same thing?

When you can’t even get people to buy the box because your game comes with the built-in rule that women can’t be warriors or mages, you’re shooting yourself in the foot by limiting your sales demographic.

1 Like

Dont we have a extremely long thread about this topic to bring it up in, and not a post about the release date for 1.0?

(I do agree with you, its just not useful to tangent this thread to it, arpg community isnt known for not yelling when they disagree about progressive things)

2 Likes

Ah damnit. 4 months until full release, instead of 1.5. And only because other game releases. I don’t like that at all since 2023 was pretty much promised.
First xDefiant, now LE. Everybody breaking promises and postponing at the last minute is a new trend, which I do not support. I’m sorry. Sure, it’s a good game and sure, more time in the oven is always better. But if you know you won’t make it, don’t make promises that you cannot make true.

Was really looking forward to playing Falconer, as I really didn’t like the runemaster.
Oh well, it is what it is.

A major announcement about the future of the game seems an appropriate place to me to discuss the future of the game.

Squish those bugs before 1.0. Love the game, cant wait for new classes.

2 Likes

It seems my objectively misinformed opinion is the same as the opinion of the company’s CEO.

Hopefully people who are passionate about this feature will get it eventually. I was just surprised you think this has anything to do with “sexist stereotyping”.

9 Likes

There will not be a wipe.

Whoa! Well, FINALLY something to look forward to it in the Valentine month. No one get me cards or chocolate. I DEMAND STORE POINTS!!!

3 Likes

Well, this topic has been discussed ad nauseaum all over the forum and a quick search says about everything and anything that’s already been said. So I’m sort of with the :man_facepalming:t2: :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Are achievements coming with 1.0?

Very very hyped for release!

3 Likes

As per Kain, community manager at EHG, on the LE Discord:

As far as I’ve seen, there hasn’t been a meaningful response since April of 2020 about the subject from EHG. With version 1.0 coming out just shy of 4 years after that post, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for an update on if or when we can expect at least news about the feature.

Character customization is something EHG hopes to eventually include in Last Epoch, but it will not be available at the release of 1.0. You can read several responses EHG has given on this topic here.

4 Likes

Thank you, that was significantly more useful than the feedback thread.

1 Like

This part is asking for more info:

And someone would have happily pointed you to any number of threads that have RECENT info about it, like Andrew just did, then you would know their genuine answers of why they can or can’t do it right now without the need for speculation or judgement…

…which is DEFINITELY an outdated and ill-used tactic that has also been discussed ad nauseaum.

3 Likes

Looking forward a lot to this! I’m totally okay with postponing it. It’s commercially better not to release in a crowded season. And with the multitude of games releasing at every moment, people’s attention is easily pulled away. To give Last Epoch the best chance at a roaring start - and by extension success in the long run - it needs to get all the attention it can get at launch.

And extra polish is the cherry on top. We don’t want this to be the next Wolcen.

1 Like

Hey Gamers, BigSword here. Just wanted to remind you that I’ve had a lovely time playing last epoch with you all. Im excited to see this games continued success and look forward to making more friends. Times can be difficult but luckily we have this game and community to keep us strong. If you ever need to reach out to someone and talk about anything weighing down on you, feel free to add me in game “BigSword” I love you and wish the best for you. Congratulations on 1.0, very hype.

3 Likes

They have said (many times) that there won’t be any wipes, all existing MP characters will move to a “standard”/legacy realm (like in PoE & D4).

So you understand why, you just don’t care.

Probably yes.

Don’t worry, what you said in your first post are also … your opinion.

I know, but it’s a good thing as there’s a lot that still needs to be done, added, fixed, etc before release. IMO, “other games releases” has less to do with it, but what do I know.

That’s likely because there’s not much new to say. It’s still expensive, they’ve still not budgeted for it & they still want to do it post-1.0. All of the comments the ever-awesome Andrew has transcribed still basically say the same as Judd’s initial post. It’s not unreasonable at all to want an update on a ~3 year old post, but (sadly) nothing’s changed.

2 Likes

I’m not speculating on anything, or judging anyone. I stated a fact. You can participate in a practice with a negative history without condoning or even being aware of that history, and the commentary from EHG on the subject is clear that’s the case for them. That doesn’t change the history of roleplaying games as a genre and it doesn’t change the fact that it looks bad to be a part of that practice regardless of the reasons why.

The huge majority of people will never click a forum link for a video game, much less research the attitudes and priorities of the developers buried in it, and for those to whom representation matters, they will see a game that says, “Women can’t be fighters or mages or spiritualists, they can be the heretic witch or the criminal,” throw it the middle finger, and never give it another chance.

Wauw. That is an amazing news. A dream since Kickstarter annoumced it and I supported.

2 Likes