Lagon out of range for pure melee

hello i am paladin and i use only melee skill, i had to suicide twice at lagon fight monolith lvl 80, because at second phase he s a bit behind edge and i can t hit him, even with the new skill shield bash wich has a bit more range.

Itā€™s not out of range, the damage numbers appear over his head. If you keep on hitting him youā€™ll see that his hp bar goes down.

That said, the Lagon fight still has issues.

2 Likes

yes first part, but after middle mob, no damage, sometimes bleed from shield bash,but not very often, also i made newchar,love new low lvl area :slight_smile:

The third phase isnā€™t out of range either, I did both campaign & monolith Lagon on my spellblade & was getting Firebrand stacks (long ranged melee) & mana from Mana Strike (ā€œproperā€ melee range) without any problems.

I suspect the issue is that the damage numbers donā€™t appear properly in the third phase or something similar.

I just finished paladin last night. I thought i didnt hid lagon aswell with Warpath (cyclone) but i actually saw damage numbers. His health also dropped.
It felt akward fighting him though and sometimes i had to re click a few times before i could properly hit him again but it worked.

Hereā€™s a video of Lagon. As you can see in the third phase Iā€™m hitting Lagon with melee just fine (even though Firebrand isnā€™t exactly ā€œmeleeā€ range).

Are you able to target him with warpath or lunge now? All bosses that stand behind a ledge canā€™t be targeted. Warparh can be targeted on the ground, but not having lunge with all its buffs is a big issue. Donā€™t know if it got fixed recently. Last time I played a Sent it was still broken.

1 Like

first boss at first portal, is in a hole also, with warpath i could spin side of him in the air (upside the hole) and come back to edge when out of mana

ok i went again, and second phase went ok all good, he was at edge, the thing is, when he up his arms, he go back and come back to hit, i think if we are teleport downstair when he do that, at second part he is stuck behind, way to far to be hit (like his all arms lengt are in water) if it can help :slight_smile: Another bug, i hope you ll read, i don t open new subject, on monolith 80, many area were lvl 52 not my lvl (but loot were ok i guess got 400 armor chest with +Xbleed rate wielding an axe <3

seems this bug is there long time i found this in forum from may 27 Lagon bug, to far back to hit

It did not. I just completely re-leveled. And fighting Lagon still feels awkward and Lunge gets you stuck all the time. Died twice because of the ā€˜getting stuckā€™ issue and losing the ability to actually move (no idea why something to do with the ā€˜ledgeā€™ thing) and I do not have that issue with ANY other boss EXCEPT the Void creature (canā€™t remember itā€™s name) in Act 1 that you have to kill to open that first Time Rift. And guess what, heā€™s on a ledge.

The GOOD thing so far though is that the patch has made my Paladin feel ā€˜tankierā€™ and most things are no longer insta-kills and you can actually react to your health bar beginning to drop. So thatā€™s nice and it helped me survive better against Lagon (and dodging his big eye blast) but the targeting on these specific bosses is NOT good for melee.

I use Rive. And I have to stand back slightly away from him and have all the area nodes so it hits him without getting close. Which means I canā€™t use Lunge, at all, because if you do, you get snagged on that ridge and the character is almost unresponsive for a few brief seconds (and no, it isnā€™t stun).

Iā€™d like to see this particular boss fight and itā€™s targeting zones tweaked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.