Lagon fight at lvl75 difficulty

also, not having enough movespeed.

lost to Rahyed about 12 or 13 times in a row (i am not exaggerating, ask the people that were in chat with me, lol).

crafted t5 movespeed boots.

beat it on the next try.

1 Like

I agree movement speed is very useful for any boss, especially Rahyeh.

But for the Pie Slice attack you don’t need it, just move close enough to the boss, when circling around him.

true, and i did use that trick.

yes, but i actually found some of the other attacks, like the rotating circle, to be a bit tough to evade with low movespeed. you can make a simple mistake like starting out in the wrong direction and can’t recover in time.

i should have also, said that the character that was doing so badly, was very weak on life. The problem was that i had to be perfect, because if i missed a dodge i was 1-shot,.

regardless, we agree to agree :slight_smile: movespeed helps, generally speaking.

p.s. humorously i find the wave/tentacle portion of the Lagon fight to be the hardest, not the Lagon portion.

The wave/tentacle part kills my weak characters (like my rogues) more often than the beam attack, so no shame here :slight_smile:

And definitely movespeed helps on all boss and not only, it’s quite useful against all mobs with powerful AoE attacks.

The trick for the rotating circle slam is:

Move through the boss, behind him. That is usually the shortest way.

If you move around him, he will rotate with you., that’s the reason, why you need so much movement speed.

If you move through him, you can do it without boots.

4 Likes

I agree, i’m new to the game, but watched some build guides and stuff, have an 80+ Lich and i just can’t beat MoF 75 Lagon. I had no probs with the emperor of corpses, np with shades of orobyss, but Lagon still seems impossible. Hope for a little nerf to him :expressionless::clinking_glasses: at least at the 3rd phaze, the first 2 are doable but when the waves come also on top of everything else…well…i just die…a lot haha

Did you watch my Lich video 6 posts above? :slight_smile:

Nope. Can u send the link again here? :grin::grin: any advice is welcome, maybe it’s just me doing it wrong, but personally i find him the hardest boss by far :expressionless:

Scroll up this thread 6 replies. (well, like, 8 or 9 replies now) :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol thats the easiest boss there is just stay behind him out of his frontal attacks your golden

1 Like

I will try that too, but it got frustrating dying like 30 times to him :grin:

Now i see it. But what am i missing? Your life isn.t even moving when toutched by waves and stuff…i have cold and lightning rez caped about 100% and about 1200 life. How ???

What you’re missing is that he is using a ward build. His life pool is protected by ward, which is why it’s not dropping. If you look a little closer you can see his ward total fluctuate with ward generation and damage taken.

1 Like

Yea, thing is i’m running a hungering souls lich with death seal. Any tips for that maybe?

I’ve tried to use death seal but currently it’s just like shooting yourself in the leg or maybe just not for me. I am currently running my lvl87 lich with drain life and my life rarely if ever goes down unless taking direct boss damage.

1 Like

Since Death Seal eats and prevents all of your ward, you just want as much of a HP pool as possible.

You can get armour and/or endurance as secondary defense layer.

Do you play Death Seal with or without Deadlock (sets your hp to 33%)?
If you play with that Endurance is really good, if not armour is probably better.

Acolyte has a lot of flat armour sources, like bone armour and death seal and reaper form.
With a little bit of %armour on some pieces you can get 50-60+ armour DR.

Armour would not help against lagons sweeping beam(since armour does not protect agaginst DoT), but against everything else

1 Like

Probably covered in some of the vids/ replies here but one thing I always make sure to do is stay in the middle area as he always starts the long beam based on your location. This gives you two directions to go and both are fine, either opposite direction to beam(preferred so you avoid it completely and can dps him) or same direction (keep running till you’re out of range). If you are standing in the corners then higher chance to get blocked in between beam and walls. Also keep an eye out for the windup on the long beam.

If you have decent resists and sustain (leech or burst heals like war cry) then the main thing that kills you is the long beam or the sharks with phys shred in add phase and both are quite manageable I think.

Death Seal does not increase your total eHP, especially when you use the Deadlock node, BUT.

It gices you tons of DR with lower health, which makes endurance and leech way stronger relatively speaking.
So it all coems down to embracing the playstyle and going all in with investment.

My Melee Harvest Lich is my most powerful character and he uses Death Seal with 2,5K HP, which usually is very non-synergistic with leech, because the more HP you have, the less total health/sec you leech.

But with Death Seal, my total health pool goes down to ~825HP, which is entirely covered by endurance.
I do not have more total eHP with that, but my leech is basically tree times as effective, on top of getting ridiculous global %inc- damage from all the other parts of my build, which means I do even leech more.

Like I said probably just not my thing, but if it works for you then it’s just fine. I mean i’ve chosen drain life since it was available to my lich and never looked over my shoulder again. Gave a try to death seal several times but maybe I was not geared accordingly or it did not correspond to my play style. Anyway I did not really needed it since my 14k DPS drain life keeps my life at 100% like 99,99% of the time :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT/ only things that kills me or lower my health is direct boss big hits

That’s fine, if you don’t like it, ok.

All I am saying is, you can’t just slap on Death Seal on any build and it will automatically work out.

You need to invest into embracing that playstytle.

1 Like