Lag spike in monolith echo caused me to suffer

This is quite the tale, I’ll admit.

To start with, I have a physical form of Tourettes. I tend to click or hit buttons randomly at times completely uncontrollably, simply because of said disability. I’ve kept most of it in check for ages, and only right now has it actually caused me any sort of misery or in-game pain.

Okay so, I was running around an echo in the monolith doing my thing, killing and slaying. I had been having some slight lag spikes here and there, but it wasn’t a big deal so I kept with it.

However, I had another sort of physical tick where my hands kind of just, hit a few buttons nearby at random? Hard to describe, I guess. It tends to be either tab, my potion button, backpack, forge, etc etc. It’s normally not really an issue, except I lagged right as it happened, my mouse defaulted over my weapon slot and I must’ve click it and somehow, like some sort of comedy routine, dropped it.

My inventory was annoyingly enough full, I had just scavenged through some exalteds and crafting mats that I had yet to deal with.

I panicked trying to pick my weapon back up, only to get 1-shot by some random AoE burst or whatever.

And then poof, my weapon was gone. I tried hitting the accept button or whatever it says when you die, and spam clicking to pick up my bow, but again my inventory was full and I’m not even sure that’s a feature to begin with.

So RIP my 1LP Reign of Winter that I had managed to throw a +crit/bow speed tier 7 affix on.

I don’t really have any expectations of getting it back or rolling my save back a few hours, because it was in the end my own fault, disability or not.

I’m more so hoping some form of locking mechanism is added so as to prevent you from clicking and/or dropping your equipped gear while in missions, unless you use some key-combination that’s more intentional.

I’m just a poor innocent little level 97 blast rain marksman, I had managed to farm a 1LP RoW bow from CoF after several days, and now it’s gone. :frowning:

Again, if it could be rolled back it would make my week, but I have very little expectations for that. Not even sure that sort of thing is possible in 1.0, and I’m not sure there’s any sort of policy for it.

Just wanted to warn everyone, during lag spikes you can absolutely fuck up and left click on and off while hovering over your gear and dropping it without meaning to.

I guess it’s back to the metaphorical mines with me, gotta get a new one lol.