Lag Festival

I haven’t played for a long time and there have been a lot of patches and I wanted to go last epoch again. The game is so bad that I can’t play it and after such a long development I’ve turned it off again, please work on it.

Hab lange nicht gespielt und es sind viele patches gekommen und ich hatte wieder mal lust auf last epoch. Das Spiel lagt so schlimm das ich es nicht spielen kann und das nun nach so langer entwicklung richtig schlecht hab wieder aus gemacht bitte arbeitet daran.

What are your pc’s specs? What build were you trying to play & what graphics settings did you use?

My PC i9 9900k Geforce RTX 2080 32 GB Ram. Games in 2k resolution and there is a lot of Path of Exile Diablo or Grim Dawn, I play in 4k and it runs smoothly

Hey… Your specs are obviously fine, but I get a consistent 60-75fps on a 1060, i5-7500 with 16gb ram… I dont run it it at more than 1080p and have all settings set to the lowest (game still looks great).

What happens if you try low settings?

ps. Performance is an ongoing thing in the devs update cycle and this latest patch has improved things by 10-20fps across the board so its always getting better.

I have between 80 and 100 fps and still have lags, the fps are not the problem

Hmm… 80-100fps doesnt make the game unplayable IMHO… especially at high res…

As for lag spikes, there are a few issues that are linked to specific skills, situations and maps but a lot of that was improved in this latest patch and the spikes (in my experience) have reduced from dropping down to sub 20fps to staying in the 35-40 range… definitely not unplayable.

FPS spike situations are:

Heavy mob number - i.e. massive mob pulls with wipes.
Heavy minion number - i.e. lots of skeletons/ghosts etc…
Certain skills - poison/acid pools all over the place… maxed out devouring orbs and rifts etc. lightning procs all over the screen.
Certain maps have unexplained fps spikes (but this was mostly fixed with the latest update)

These can all still cause issues - even on the latest patches - but can be mitigated by running at lower settings graphically and changing playstyle a little (i.e. dont do big mob pulls) or if it really annoys you, temporarily not using the skills known to cause issues.

Also… As the game is not yet optimised, there are also high CPU etc moments which can cause lags if you are doing other things on your system at the same time. High res streaming (with decode) can cause hiccups… Obviously, your CPU should handle all of this fine, but everything adds up.

I assume you have it installed on an SSD & your pc isn’t doing anything else in the background?

Not sure why you’re having lag given your pc is somewhat better than mine (3800x cpu & 2070 super) & I don’t have any problems playing it on 1440 with everything on max.

Yes game is on the SSD in the background nothing is running. Have now put aud 1080p then it goes a little better

Could you put it back to 4k & then upload your log file, that might help the devs see if there’s anything odd happening.

hmmm with something I don’t know how to do it

Sorry, I meant to add the link to the log files…
https://support.lastepochgame.com/article/39-the-games-log-file

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.