Ladders | Coming in Rising Flames

I mean, when a PR announcement starts like a sentence said by the EA years ago and for which they were viciously mocked forever, you already know that it can’t be anything good.

Ladder for diablo-like games are the most useless thing ever. Measure what? Who has the most free time or luck? WOW, colour me impressed.

1 Like

The ladder sounds cool and all but in the spirit of LE and how you guys like to put out as much info as possible within the game client, I would add an option for players to choose to share their entire build so other people can view it, skill tree, passives, gear, everything… but only if the player chooses to do so. This will help new players with gearing choices and builds in general.

can view the specific bd configuration or just a few useless skill icons on the ladder?

I’m glad you’ve added a separate ‘account found’ solo ladder. It’s something that Blizzard has refused to do for D3 and it makes the single player ladders cater to group meta farmers.

I was hoping for a rework of the arena system as I think the existing system requires rerunning the same content for far too long, as opposed to say D3 Greater Rifts or POE Delves. (I am aware you don’t start from scratch but starting at the halfway point is still pretty time consuming and tedious. Scaling difficulty faster would reduce the total number of waves possible and reduce this tedium though.).

I’d personally prefer that every entrant on the ladders have viewable snapshots of their builds and gear at the time of the record. It is the best way to discover exploits some people may be using and without it, it will likely be up to the EHG employees it investigate outliers. Rather than the players who may be able to do that themselves.

Sharing builds/gear snapshots can also help players get a better feel of what their setup is missing or holding them back(besides skill).

I agree.
Moreover, I think the balance is skewered against Hit Crit builds. Crit Avoidance for example not only affects damage that Crit builds do, but also survivability since it impacts Leech by quite a bit. After 300ish Corruption Glancing Blows modifier on mobs goes to 100%, again impacting Hit Crit builds disproportionately.

Wait whut, the rank 4 are lvl 9 and lvl 8 chars with no mastery unlocked(duh) but all 5 skills (I’m guessing it takes the skills on skill bar into consideration and not specialized skills).

Lol easy to catch exploiters.

Maybe a bit to soon to bring the competitive aspect into play, when there are some skills broken, idols not working and balance problems. MP is far from “ready”, while playable.

On the bright side it will accentuate all the imbalances, so EHG has another source of feedback to look at.

Can’t wait to see how it will play out!

I loathe ladders in games for various reasons but I am hoping that this is exactly one of the motivators for re-implementing the competitive rankings. The devs now have a few months of real data from everyones savegames and other metrics (well they bloody well better have else that would just be incredibly stoopid) and using this data to improve the game would be critical (imho) going forward. Ladders for various parts of the game like monoliths (not just the boring as hell Arena) would be very useful and easily visible indicators if what they are doing on the back end is working.

So, yeah, lots of other things that are likely to be more important but lets face it, they implemented MP as a priority over and above other things so the ladders, for me at least, represent a similar mindset regarding priorities - its the things that the bulk of players want vs other things like fixing bloody Lagon that us oldies get a little annoyed about. Not unexpected to me.

1 Like

We are in beta. The longer the leaderboard is online and used the more likely it’ll work like a charm because it was tested in a testing enviourment ^^. Just sayin ^^.

1 Like

Ladders… im impressed, that this is seen as important before any of the old & new bugs and the crappy server stability… :clap: :clap:

Yeah @vapourfire I have similar mindset about it.

My man, we all know we are in a beta product, and are many things that may change in the future or get fixed, but we are not testing the game, the best we can do is to enjoy the game and provide feedback.

Adding a competitive aspect at this point seems too risky for me, but for sure EHG has weighted this already, so I will stand by their decision.

People that do like the competitive aspect of games, for one part the get super-motivated, but on the other side, they will lose their minds if a skill randomly halts for half a second before executing and therefore wiping in a high arena push, any minor balance problem, bug or performance issue will be elevated like never before.

There are probably a lot of people working on different stuff at EHG. Should they sit on finished stuff and implement it when they think everything else is in a good spot? With this mindest I couldn’t get anything done anymore. I’m happy for everything they bring into the game that keeps people engaged even when leaderbords are the least important thing for me. I even go fishing in an mmo instead of looking at leaderboards.

Ladders will be for current chars or for new chars from patch day May 25th?

I just hope they have changed the arena key to enable arena run that last less than 2 hours like it is right now, if you scale to a decent 400-600 wave.
Maybe the key should enable last one - 50 waves instead of last one/2 ? so a run is 20-30min long and you are right on the good lvl and we cant exploit it.

I cant play 2hours straigth right now, with the bugged server that disconnect me randomly quite often. That mean i wont be able to do one run anyway.

The ladder will be for all current characters and any online characters created between 0.9 and 1.0. At 1.0, all previously created online characters are planned to move into a “standard” or “non-ladder” cycle and a new cycle/ladder will start.

Lagon needs to be changed more than fixed.

1 Like

Yeah yeah

Kneel while I dub thee Master of the Obvious.

“trumpets and fanfare abound”

Go forth and wield your keyboard of office proudly.

:crazy_face:

Ok, so I’ll weigh in.

As @Irrelevant stated, there are probably different teams working on different items so it’s not necessarily a matter of prioritizing this over the bugs. Even this has to be tested prior to 1.0 and there are many who are looking for the ladder system so just because I don’t care about it (and I REALLY don’t), that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a lot of people that do.

What would happen if they didn’t do the ladder system until 1.0 and it was not only broken, but broke other stuff as well?

We all know that EHG is already working on the bugs that they know exists and that there is a prioritization scheme for those fixes. But there is likely a specific team working on those bugs and probably not the people that are working on the ladder system. Whether you or I think their bug fix priorities are how we would order them, that doesn’t mean that the other team can’t do what they need to do also.

Just my thoughts and hope you can keep an open mind for the developers and work with them as much as they’ve been supported and supportive thus far.

1 Like

Hey team

Any chance we’ll see an official policy regarding bugs and exploits usage on ladder in 0.9.1?

See this gets into sketch territory, there is a difference between “using a bug thats been in the game for years that gives you +1 companion” vs “I did an exploit that causes a damage bug that makes immune to damage”

Right now LE does not really have much bugs that are extremely broken other then a few here or there that are known and will be patched.

But are you looking to report and have people banned that use these bugs? I think thats an insanely dangerous tool to give players. As many people use things they think are features but are just bugs. A good example like I stated before is speccing wolf to get +1 global companion. Its not intended to work that way, it just happens to do so currently. Should all the people who think this is a feature and use it and get ladder should be reported and punished?

Sometimes you cant prevent bugs and “exploit” is a pretty broad term, I guess my tldr is; are you wanting a feature to bring these issues to the devs insight or asking for people to be removed from ladder and punished?

Like I think one of the more broken bugs currently is I guess if you resummon minions with a cast speed julra glove the speed stacks? and you can get insane levels of speed. I own a pair of t6 cast speed julra gloves and didnt even know about this bug till a few days ago, I just was like “haha more cast speed is good” I may have been using this bug without even knowing lol.

1 Like