Ladder bug, possibly related to steam/windows update

Hi,

I created a solo sc character a few days ago, it’s lvl 83 at time of writing. Earlier today a friend pointed out that I was listed on the solo ladder as having cleared wave 171 at lvl 79. That’s not possible because I’ve only done arena a few times on my solo character and it was between lvl 63 to 70 and I only got to wave 75. I know this for a fact because I manually exited arena each time instead of pushing til death(I’m trying for deathless as long as possible).

Coincidentally, 171 is my highest clear on one of my sc non-solo characters, so maybe the ladder glitched out? I have 2 lvl 100s on the SC ladder and those are showing the correct arena information at time of writing.

Another thing I noticed amidst the confusion was that my sc solo character was also listed in the sc non-solo ladder, as lvl 51, wave 171 clear. That can’t be right because I dont even have a character with that name on SC, I only used that name on my solo character.

Lastly, I don’t know if this is related but I’ll lump it in anyway. I ran a windows update and an Nvidia driver update last night and the first time I logged into the game after both updates the game loaded to an empty character selection screen, I.e. None of my characters were showing. Relogging initially didn’t work, the screen was still empty, but after logging out of steam entirely and back in, I got a prompt about some steam cloud files when I started Last Epoch up(I don’t remember exactly what the prompt message said). I clicked the first option and the characters reappeared when the game launched. Everything ran fine as normal after that.

I get that it’s beta and the system probably just glitched out so I’m totally cool but Im not comfortable with the ladder showing arena clears by one of my characters that A) doesn’t exist on SC and B) didn’t happen on solo.

Character name on SC solo: KrushSG, sentinel, paladin, lvl 83
Highest wave clear on SC solo: 75
Level that I made the clear: I’m not sure, I ran wave 75 a few times between 63-70 for xp and gold.

The character KrushSG on the SC ladder listed as a lvl 51, wave 171 clear does not exist in softcore.

Thanks!

There was a few posts here from @EHG_Mike about how the data for the ladder is stored.

Hmmm, thanks for the link but that seems like more of a conversion related error(I didn’t even know solo characters could be converted to softcore until now haha).

In my case the ladder registered an entry on the softcore ladder by a character that straight up doesn’t exist on my account(in softcore) and in the ssf ladder it registered arena waves that I never even came close to attempting. Its my only solo character and a very new one at that, there is no way I come close to even wave 100 in my current gear. The only link here seems to be that these mystery ladder records happen to reflect the exact same wave clear as one of my softcore lvl 100s, wave 171.

Maybe the updates I did(windows/Nvidia) did something to the game files that caused my character selection screen to display no characters and when I relogged into steam it restored it from cloud and that messed up the ladder entries somehow? I don’t know, just shooting in the dark here. Seems unlikely tho, this game requires a login on launch so I assume the account data is stored server side, not locally.

Anyway I just wanna stress that I got my characters back eventually after relogging into steam and as far as I can tell everything is there and fine, so I’m all good in that department. My only concern now is the ladder registering clears that didn’t happen.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.