Kill threshold question

When a skill says it will instantly kill when used on an enemy below certain % health, will that ability kill the mob if it brings it down to that %?

example - smelters wrath has a “smelters wrath hits instantly kill enemys that are below 24% health” node. I’m assuming if I use smelters wrath and it knocks an an enemy from 100% to 15% health that mob wont die just from that first hit, id have to use it again for the instant kill, correct?

That is correct. As long as the health bar shows the x% for the threshold it will die with 1 hit.

Hey @DJSamhein, long time o/
I’m not sure you fully responded to what he really wants to know (and me too, cause not sure).

When a skill has a kill threshold, does it also proc it if the skill brings target below that threshold, or only if the target is already below the threshold when the skill hits?

Cheers

1 Like

Heya.

I did answer that. He said:

And I said that was correct.
If you have a skill with 15% threshold and you use it at 16%, even if the health drops to 1% it won’t trigger. Kill threshold only triggers if the initial hit is on a mob with 15% or less. Everything else is just damage as usual.

2 Likes

I see, thanks for clarifying that.

It’s just that his post had two questions in it, first paragraph is also a question. Then you responded to the latter in a way that could still be open to interpretation regarding the first.

Thanks again.

1 Like

You are correct in pointing that out. I answered to the whole of the argument and mostly focused on the 2nd paragraph, so reading both in sequence could lead to some misunderstanding.

1 Like